Thursday, June 14, 2007

Trouble with Blogger






Hmmm, I can't get Bloglines to connect this a.m. Keep getting DNS Error. So I can't go 'visiting' with my coffee this morning. :( We had a 10-min. hard wind/rain storm yesterday evening which left us without power for about 5 hours last night. I wish we could have had the rain for a looonnng time without the wind/storm part. :) And of course we were really worried about how the pontoon would do on the dock. It all got turned a bit, and one of the mooring lines broke, but we were able to get everything fixed so all was okay with that. The biggest worry I have is how I will handle a similar situation if it happens when Randy is gone for several days to a show. Will have to alert a couple of people who live nearby that I may be calling on them for help sometime in the future. :)

As luck would have it, I had just gone back to the sewing room. Can you believe that??? So I didn't make much progress at all, but at least I TRIED to sew some. LOL UPS brought a package from Fat Quarter Shop the other day---I had ordered some Celebrate Spring charm packs (cuz I'm a Darlene 'wannabe' ROFL). I was absolutely sure that I was going to make me a topper like hers, and I still am going to do that, but I'm trying to decide if I want to make a tabletopper out of the 4-patches that I've sewn so far, OR do I want to attempt to make me a shoulder bag with them. I'm not good (not at all) at reading those bag patterns but I've really really been wanting to make me a new bag. I also would like to make some simple, large bags l that I could use for grocery shopping. I'd have to have a truck load of them for the grocery shopping that I do since I only manage to go about every 2-3 weeks. ROFL

Badger Baby was the first one to walk on the new concrete driveway...as a matter of fact, he was the first one to walk on every section that was poured. LOL We have finally gotten all of it poured, now we're having to let it cure until Sunday or Monday before driving on it. It looks really nice...we lucked up with this concrete guy, he did a great job and was more than reasonable on his final bill. We are very very pleased.

The flower is a balloon flower (I think). It's just gorgeous! I planted it last year and thought it had completely died out but waalaa here it is this Spring and I have sooo enjoyed it. :)

The moth is just a beauty. We think it's called a Luna Moth, but somebody correct me if you know what kind it is. :p

Yum, had to show my charm packs that I got this week. I can hardly believe that I have already cut into one pack. Absolutely unheard of for me---could I be turning over a new leaf??? Actually going to 'cut and sew' some of this TON of fabric that's laying around here dry-rotting? ROFL

And of course, I had to leave you with a picture of 'how the garden grows' (it's actually grown a lot since this picture was taken). :)

7 comments:

Marie said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment...yeah, the quilt did come out cute and thank goodness, because I have 2 more to make! Your flowers are beautiful (yes that is a ballon flower!) and your material is lovely. I am getting quite the collection of material myself, and believe it or not, that is my first "real" quilt!! Stop by again, I have added you to my bookmarks too!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

I know you will enjoy that new drive!

The Balloon Flower I bet comes back for ya every year, its Perenial here, they are so pretty!

I have a bag picked out to make shopping bags as well, I like the idea of saving the land fills and some places here you have to have your own bags...I purchased Denim for the inside but am using pretty quilt fabrics for the outisde :O)...

Laurie Ann said...

What an awesome moth! I wish we had ones like that here!

paula, the quilter said...

Don't you just love that Sonnet Collection from Moda? That polka dot one is what Shelina, MagicLady and I are using as our focus fabric in our challenge quilts. In a different colorway, tho.

Libby said...

Don't you just love seeing your garden come to life? Right now I'm battling a VERY persistent squirrel - but I think Harper is making a statement that will tip the scale in my favor *s*

Guðrún said...

Did Badger Baby leave his foot/pawprint in the driveway?

The Chicken Lady said...

Oh, that moth is very cool. And the flowers are lovely! Silly Badger pup. What a great pic!