Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Good Ole Red/White/Blue


Here it is Sunday already. In a way, it doesn't seem possible that Randy has really been gone since Wednesday a.m., and will be back late tonight. Where did the time go? Sug (one of my seesters :D and pronounced like sugar :D) came and spent the night with me on Friday night. We had a slumber party!! :) I even took her out for a boat ride on Friday evening! :) And we took not narry a picture--Sug, are we dense, or what???? Tom really did raise some slow-witted cheedren!!! ROFLOL It was a really fun time. We spent a lot of time outside prowling in my flowerbeds. And of course she got her manicure AND pedicure done while she was here. :) After all, it was a slumber party!! LOL

Mrs. Goodneedle asked about the pattern name and designer of my little embroidery piece in the last post. It's called "Cups of Kindness" and is one of those Aussie patterns by Jan Knight. It's in Australian Country Threads 'A Special Patchwork Edition' Vol. 6 No. 11. I just don't think you can beat the Aussie designers when it comes to stichery!! And if I were ready to spend $80+ for a magazine subscription, this would be the magazine I would want to get every month. Ready or not, I may just have to do it anyway!! LOL I LOVE this magazine. It has wonderful quilt patterns, doll patterns, bag patterns, and of course, stitchery patterns in it. I have several issues that I've picked up here and there over time and I've worn them out looking through them. A couple of places that you might check for them are www.this-n-thatfabrics.com and
and ericas.com (an online quilt shop).

I told you I would have to cut some red/white/blue fabric, didn't I? LOL Well, I didn't get around to doing that until today, but I did cut and piece the Big Block Star quilt top today. It's not wonky (for a change LOL), the ceiling fans are making the right corner blow around. :D I'm trying to decide about borders. I'm thinking that if I have enough of the background fabric that I will add maybe a 5 or 6 inch border of that, for a couple of reasons: one, I want the quilt a bit bigger than the pattern is, and two, it will make the star float. :) So, what do you think? Of course, that's IF I have enough of the border fabric. So, I'm going back to the 'stewdio' now and check on that, and Dewey and Badger are anxiously waiting for Mom to feed them. :)

Hope everyone had a lovely July 4th holiday, and a super weekend!

9 comments:

Shelina said...

I hope you had a great 4th Angie. So many people are making something to celebrate the holiday. Your star looks great.

meggie said...

Nice that you can spend time with your sister.
I subscribe to Aus Country Threads, & it is my favourite. I must have that volume with cup of Kindness in, must look it out. I love Jan Knights designs, have made a nice bag of hers for an Aunt.

sMC said...

the Star looks great. Its nice that you love our designs as I love a lot of US ones. I think all quilters should buy out the postal services, then we could make it cheaper to buy and send. lol :)

Libby said...

Love that big star *s* Glad you got have a fun time with your sis - girls can sure pass the time and sometimes even stay out of trouble *s*

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Thanks so much for the heads up on the pattern and designer... I do love it!! How are the babies doing? Hannes needs to know... (OK, me too!)

Finn said...

Hi Angie, love your celebrate 4th star quilt! And how special to have that time with your sister. Wish I was close enough to have boat ride....*VBS*
Really like the stitchery piece you just finished up, will be fun to see the others all together. Take care and stay cool. Hugs, Finn

tanya said...

Hey Angie ,its awesome to find you here mom sent me your link! I have a my space page and im just now starting to blog ... and learning the internet but will keep in touch . email me at tanyap63@aol.com and ill send you my myspace link luv u tanya

Lizzy said...

Thanks so much for the tea recipe. Going to try it this afternoon. Your stitchery is cute.

Lizzy

Suze said...

You just can't lose with those colors. Great block.