Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy July 1st





Just a quick post to say Happy July to everyone. Hope you have a wonderful barbeque planned, complete with watermelon, for the 4th! I have my July wallhangings spread over the back of the sofa waiting for me to hang. :) I'm almost finished with one small embroidery piece, and I'll post a picture as soon as I've finished it. I always want to make 'new' things at the beginning of the 'holiday'--whatever holiday it may be-- NOT months in advance, which is what one should do if they want them completed in time to display for the holiday. LOL But, I've never been one that was able to think about Christmas in the heat of Summer, nor July and August quilts in December, so...yup, you guessed it, I will HAVE to cut some red/white/blue fabric irregardless of the fact that it will probably end up being another UFO for a while. :D Randy is leaving Wednesday morning (yes, I know, on the 4th of July) for Memphis, and won't be back until late Sunday night, so I'm hoping to have some quilty time, as well as some short boating excursions while he's away. :)

I'll leave you with some sights of Summer here at Ship's Landing: my coneflowers in bloom, a lovely lovely waterfowl of some sort, Randy's buddy and his daughter getting ready for a boat ride, and the sweet little hummingbird sitting on the 'dish' wires. :)

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Happy July to you, girlie girl.

Oh, my goodness we are definitely peas in a pod. I always think about making a quilt for a holiday near or on the holiday - why would think about making a Christmas quilt in July??? Duh????? teehee! I'm wanting to make a new patriotic quilt to display but the time to display it is NOW - duh! LOL Like you, I'll cut some red, white and blue fabric on the 4th, too.

meggie said...

Happy July to you Angie. Hope you enjoy your next few days. Shame Randy wont be home with you. You will have to treat yourself... hmmm perhaps chocolate will make it all seem ok! lol.

Toni said...

Your coneflowers are so much ahead of mine...I have some buds but no flowers...Have a nice 4th...I also think of making quilts right at the time of year when its to late or almost to late...cute bird pics..Toni

dee said...

Hi Angie, I enjoyed taking you on my walk and now I'm enjoying your neck of the woods. Have fun on your "vacation" My guys went fishing in Alaska 2 summers ago and I sewed away the day. Ordered take-out delivered and ate chocolate...go to it. I'll be thinking of you

KCQuilter said...

Oh, don't you just love purple coneflowers! I think they are so sweet and graceful.

Kittyo said...

Thank you for visiting my new blog and for your kind words. :-) You have the cutest little dogs! Have a Happy 4th and keep your eyes on those precious little Wieners if you're going to a BBQ so no one mistakes them for a couple of big hot dogs. ;-)))

Finn said...

Hi Angie, have a fun quilty time with Randy gone...great pictures, looks like the perfect place to spend a hot summer day! Hugs, Finn

Isabelle said...

Happy July to you too, specifically July 4 (which is my birthday too, so I always think of Americans on that day, lighting fireworks or whatever Americans do on the 4th of July. Actually, I didn't know they made quilts to celebrate, but I do now).

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy 4th, I don't make holiday quilts ahead of time either... but always say that I will NEXT YEAR! In fact, I just ran across some fabric that I bought for a 4th of July wallhanging LAST year. ;) I guess it will just need to age to perfection in the stash closet...

Libby said...

Happy 4th of July - hope you have something fun planned even if Sweetie is going to be away. Love those coneflowers . . . I saw my very first ones growing in MO last week. It was such an excitement for me. I know, silly girl. . . but remember simple things for simple girls *s*

The Chicken Lady said...

Things look beautiful there! I've never been to TN, but my friend was just there and she said it was very nice! I'm a west coast girl, but I'm hoping to get to visit the states over on this side of the country while I'm here. There are so many cool things about each place that I want to experience with my family!