Thursday, July 05, 2007

Stitchery


I haven't washed or pressed this piece yet but I wanted to share a picture of it cause I think it's just too cute!! :) There are 4 of them in the quilt. This is the first one that I've finished. Although you can see the hoop creases on it, I ended up not using the hoop. It's just much easier for me to do the various stitches if the fabric isn't taut. To you embroiderers out there, do you use a hoop or not?

I have two wienie dogs down on me now. Dewey's been walking really stiff-legged for the last week or so, and yesterday afternoon couldn't take but a couple of steps without sitting down. Badger's back has also flared up on him again, so now I have TWO wienies to carry outside for potty time. :/ Dewey has been crated all day. I called the vet, and she is sending me more prednisone and pain med for both of them. So, for the next few days, I'm doing the puppy-shuffle when it comes to carrying them from one place to another. And the rest of that story is trying not to roam around in the house too much because they want to follow me. I may end up having to crate Badger as well. He has been really, really wobbly in the hindquarters today. So, I'm just holding my breath (LOL well, and a couple of wienie dogs too LOL). Needless to say, I have NOT done the sewing that I wanted to do. For now, I'm just playing with the embroidery, altho I have pulled some quilt books to look thru (for the gazillionth time LOL), and I've been in the 'stash room' several times looking at fat quarters. I just got Laps from Fats and More Laps from Fats this past week, and I really like the quilts in them. Now I guess I'll have to get the third one, Laps from Fats for Family and Friends. :)

11 comments:

Sweet P said...

I hope your dogs are better soon.

Your stitchery is adorable. I use a hoop when I embroider or do redwork. I can't imagine not using it.

meggie said...

So sorry for your two little babies. Hope they get some relief soon.
I just love your little stitchery! I dont use a hoop, seem to manage without one.

Libby said...

Hope your babies are better soon.

Darlene said...

Oh no I'm sorry you're doggies are not well. I hope they will be better very soon!

I have to use a hoop, otherwise my stitches are too tight. That piece you've just completed is adorable. Can't wait to see the others!

KCQuilter said...

So sorry to hear about Dewey's and Badger's woes. It is so hard to see our pets in pain. Sounds like you are a wonderful caregiver.

LOVE that little stitchery!!!! I sometimes use a hoop and sometimes not. Depends on the weight of the fabric I am embroidering into.

sMC said...

Puppy cuddles for Dewey and Badger. Hope the meds work quickly. Your embroidery is lovely. Sometimes I use a hoop and sometimes I don't - depends upon the stitch. Don't think it really matters so long as you are happy doing it. Laps from fats, sounds interesting, must google and see what I am missing :))

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

So, so sorry to hear about Dewey and Badger. I pray that the prednisone does the trick, Hannes sends lots of love for quick healing and healthy days ahead. The embroidery is great... what's the pattern name? designer?

Nan said...

Angie! I'm so very sorry your wieners aren't doing well. It's so hard on them AND you! I hope they get to feeling better soon. They are a couple of cuties! I'm so glad you found me - your blog is wonderful!
Hugs to your doggies from my doggies! Nan

The Chicken Lady said...

That is adorable! I don't like using a hoop when I stitch. It seems to get in my way.

Poor pups! I hope they're feeling better!

Suze said...

You are right. It is just too cute. I have resisted the urge to start the embroidery but I may just have to after all.

Thanks for sharing.

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛