Wednesday, August 22, 2007





First picture is of a Bald Eagle in my cove--isn't he majestic!! (click on photos to enlarge)

Randy just left for Dalton, GA, where I'm sure it's even hotter than it is here!! He'll be gone until Sunday evening, so what's a girl to do? Well, let's see, there's some house cleaning (yuk) on the list, I've already pulled out my pumpkin rughooking piece that's been stuffed in the closet since, hmmmm, last Fall? You know by now that I don't like to rush ANYTHING :D. I have new quilt books to drool over, and a BUNCH of WIPs that I'm going to pull out and play with. I have my Little Quilts books all out to peruse. There are so many bloggers doing doll quilts and doll quilt swaps right now that I keep wanting to do one too. :P Even Glorie's quilt guild challenge quilt was a 'little' quilt. She made a cute, cute little quilt, and did get some of the quilting done on it while she was here.

Speaking of Glorie, we had a fast, fun and furious visit weekend before last. They always are. LOL The first picture of her is how she spent the afternoon she got here (Friday)--looking through that huge stack of new books that I have and she hasn't decided she can't live without yet. ;P I do think she went home with quite a long list of 'gotta have' quilt books. :>) And of course we had to take her on a boat ride.

The other two pictures are of a little wrought-iron plant stand and a felted wool bag that I picked up at the thrift shop last week. I have several more things that I bought, but I haven't taken pictures of them yet--soon, tho. :)

I know that there are a gazillion quilters out there this week that are either getting ready to go or have already left for the Nashville Quilt show. I'm just green with envy--but oh so glad for all of you that are getting to go this year! :) I'm definitely thinking of you.

13 comments:

Libby said...

Just think of it as your own mini-home retreat . . . you'll get more done than you can imagine *s*

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Time on your own sounds great to me. Enjoy!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

MMM I am thinking popcorn with butter for dinner and reading in bed till you fall asleep and for sure NO house cleaning...

Darlene said...

Enjoy your time with you! You need to just relax and do a little stitching.

((HUGS))

loulee1 said...

Time alone, peace and quiet. Wow. Enjoy it and do your own thing!

meggie said...

Just please yourself what you do, & when! If I get busy on something, I hate to be interrupted.

Toni said...

Love the pic of the eagle we have them here too...I never get sick of seeing them..you sure picked up some treasures...Have a nice week alone...Toni

JANET said...

Hi. I love your bald eagle photo. A friend of mine took a photo of one recently on her catfish farm, and I posted it to my blog. Seems eagles are making a comeback!

Beemoosie said...

Love your pictures! Nothing like kicking back and look through quilt books!!! Happy sewing!

Marcie said...

Well aren't you having fun! Cute little plant stand, out on the boat again. I love all the doll quilts showing up these days too. Little Quilts was at the head of the pack on that. I have always like their stuff! So shall we plan to meet there? There is another shop, Tiny Stitches, close by. Have you been there? Someday....

Tazzie said...

I love reading thru your posts, you have such a wonderful time. I love the planter stand and the bag, and what a great time you had with your friend.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Finn said...

Hi Angie, what fun finds you found...LOL. Great little stand, and a really pretty folk art type rug!
Thanks for having Glorie stop by at Pieces, she left such a nice comment for me *VBS*
I hope you do decide to make a doll quilt, it's such fun! You'll like how fast they work up. Take care of you while Randy is gone. Hugs, Finn

Darcie said...

What a fun summer...in spite of the nasty heat and humidity!

Love that bag!!!