Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Another Hot Week Has Gone Into the Memory Bank




I promised Dazy Darlene I would post some pics of several of the projects that I have going right now, so here they are. I pulled out this Punkins 4 Sale that Glorie and I had both started, hmmm, when? last year? and she finished her's but I (as usual) didn't. Vera over at KCQuilter reminded me with one of her posts that I had this in some partially-constructed stage. :> I discovered that I already had it spray-basted and ready to quilt, so I'm practicing my machine-quilting skills (of which I have none LOL) with this. I have the Punkins 4 Sale strip to quilt and the outer pieced border, and it will be ready to bind! Yes!!

Then there's my rughooking that I pulled out while Randy was gone last week. Can you tell I'm well into the 'Fall' mode??? :> Fall just happens to be my most favorite time of the year, and I love EVERYTHING about it!! So I'm always starting Fall projects. :) What's rare are the ones that get finished in time for the current season/year's use. LOL

And there's the basket wallhanging. This is a Pat Sloan pattern from one of her earlier books. I seem to gravitate to needleturn applique which is slow going for those of us that have a serious ADDisorder LOL. Nevertheless, these are a few of the projects that I'm playing with right now. I have also started prowling through strips that are already cut with a 'little quilt' on my mind. Think I'll ever get them all finished? These of course do NOT include the stack of WIPs that grows ever bigger by the month! :>

There are surveyors on the lot next to us this afternoon. :( I guess it sold. This could get really interesting here. The lot was bought by a close friend of Randy's right after we bought ours, with the understanding that we would NEVER have to worry about 'strangers' building right on top of us. Now, he's (the BF ??) in the process of selling it. He gave us about 2 days' worth of 'first right of refusal'--$50,000 in 2 days? Sooooo....I guess I better start working on my 'accepting the things that I cannot change' stuff again. Where oh where did I put that Serenity Prayer when I moved it last??? LOL

Storms are teasing us. It just will not rain here. Rains all around us but not on my 'head'. :( Thunder has rocked the house and we didn't get a drop of rain....I keep turning the Weather Channel on hoping to juju it into making it rain here. :D And I am anxiously awaiting those cooler temps.

I've had some new 'friends' stop by to visit my blog. Thank you sooo much! It just makes my day to find comments left on my blog, from my faithful online friends to new ones. :) Stop by any time. :D The coffee is always on. There's usually some tea around too. :>

Tanya, girl, you missed out on the boatrides for this Summer. We just took the boat out of the water on Monday. Lake levels are dropping fast. Maybe next year? Of course, aside from the boat, you're always welcome to visit me. :D

23 comments:

kjquilts said...

I've always liked that pattern for Punkins 4 Sale. It's on my to do list! Looks like you have plenty to keep yourself busy this fall.

Marie said...

I love your projects...especially the pumpkins...I wish I could quilt like the rest of you talented people!

Libby said...

Fall is my favorite, too - it's just hard to resist making projects with a fall theme year'round.

Carol said...

I just love fall...even though we really don't have a fall season here in Florida, I love it just the same.

Niki said...

I love Fall! and I love your punkins quilt.

Marcie said...

You have got some really cute stuff going on. And you should feel good about having so much done on each of them. Now you can dive right in and finish them up. (No pun intended, with your shallow water).

Tazzie said...

The coffee's on? Wonderful, I'll be right over. Maybe we can do a rain dance together!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Darlene said...

Fall???? What's Fall??? LOL

Rain???? What's rain??? LOL

Thank you for posting pics of your wonderful projects. I love them all. I had so much chatting with you today - this is going to become a habit. :-) I was so excited when I got off the phone - thank you my friend.

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

I can not believe we met almost one year ago in blogland. I remember when you started working on the Punkins 4 Sale quilt. Time sure is going by fast this year. I am glad I have a friend like you to share the time with!!!!

kcamou said...

I am right there with you on this heat wave. We have broken record after record over here in Memphis. And, oh, what I wouldn't do for some rain! I love all of your fall projects. I'm definitely in the autumnal mood myself. We even had a harvest moon last night.

loulee1 said...

I love the colours of autumn and wading through drifts of crisp leaves and the smell of garden fires burning trimmings and fallen leaves.
Your quilts look interesting, can't wait to see what goes in that basket.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love fall mode, you have some pretty pumpkin UFO's. I will get cool again, it will get cool again (she repeats over and over...) and fall will, indeed, arrive! We've had no rain, teasing or taunting at all... we'd even take that. Hugs to Dewey and Badger.

Jane Weston said...

Those are lovely projects...and great colours too.
Hope things don't get too ugly with the new neighbours..
TTFN

Yvonne said...

I like all your fall projects. It's my favorite time of the year....all the colors, the cooler weather. Have fun with them.

teodo said...

Your project is beautiful!
Here today it has been raining a lot after a very long long time. I hope it will happen there too.
In the meanwhile......happy quilting!
ciao, ciao

Dawn said...

Ooo what fun fall projects you are working on! I've always loved that basket pattern!

Wendy said...

Better put the tea on...I love fall projects...Your basket block reminds me I started that one and maybe should go looking for it. My mind has been on pumpkins, we must all be yearning for fall.

meggie said...

Nice post Angie. All your projects look to be very nice.
And, dont feel bad, Variety is the Spice of Life!!

Bren said...

Your fall projects are wonderful!!!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Fall is my favorite time of year too :O)... wish I could just run over and you could get me started on the Rug Hooking, I have all the toys to do it, I just haven't been able to make myself try it on my own yet... you know the first time jitters... sigggghhhh...

Your Pumpkins for sale is so cute too...

Hope the lot next door sold to super nice people, I know they are getting a good neighbor!

Quilting Kim said...

Angie - You have some great Fall projects started, girlfriend. I'm going to challenge you to complete them this year.

Autumn is also one of my favorite times of year - cooler temps, lazy days, aaah, the life.

Cheryl said...

Angie - your Fall projects are wonderful. Fall is my favorite time of year and just seeing all that you have going on is wonderful. Think I'll dig through the piles and see all the Fall I have in progress. I'm so glad Darlene posted your blog info!

Patti said...

Loved that "Punkins for Sale" pattern the very first time I saw it. Yours is looking fine!

I'm with you - autumn is the best time of all! I bet it was hard taking the boat out of the watter however.