Thursday, August 16, 2007

Forecast for Today---HOT---101 Deg.

Where have I been? What have I been into? Why no posts? One might ask these questions, right? LOL Well, I would have to say that I've been right here while life has been happening. :D Glorie came last Friday for a quilty (or I should say 'shopping') weekend visit with me. We had a wonderful time--fast and furious, as usual, since we did a LOT of prowling in Ben Franklin and Wal-Mart. We did take her out on Friday afternoon for a boat ride. Saturday night we crashed and watched a movie on Hallmark with Valeri Bertinelli, and I had a ton of new books (yes, quilting books :> -- I'm been on a quilt book buying binge lately :/ ) she had to look through. We actually didn't do any sewing to speak of, although our whole weekend was spent in thought and talk :> of quilting and quilts and quilt books. :P Our time together is just sooooo fun cause we constantly bounce ideas for quilts and our sewing stewdios off of each other. :P I've started back on a walking regimen. I've been going out every morning now for almost two weeks. Today, I over-slept, so my walk wasn't until 10 a.m.---hot, hot, hot already, but I DID IT!! I feel so much better about myself when I exercise on a regular basis. My diet consists of mostly veggies and fruits already and has for months--so--if my weight gain isn't going away unless I start moving more, well, then so be it---I'm GOING TO MOVE MORE---I'M GOING TO GET THIS WEIGHT DOWN!!! I went to the thrift shop yesterday. Haven't been in months and months, so I just took the opportunity since I had to go pick up some things at the grocery store anyway. I found several treasures that I'll post pics of later (haven't photographed them yet). I also found two odd-size windows and an old rectangular cabinet that I didn't buy and wished I had, so I called them when I got home and asked them to hold them for me. Randy has had mediations every day this week, and has had to use my car (the truck is sick and needs to go to the dr. :/), so I have to wait until in the morning to go pick those up. He was home from mediation by Noon on Tuesday which is why I had the car to use Tuesday afternoon. :) I know this is real 'ramble' but I haven't posted in over a week. So, just wanted to let everyone know that everyone at Ship's Landing is surviving the heat. :P

10 comments:

meggie said...

Good to see you are having such fun with your sister! And getting out & about. Cant wait to see your finds.
And in heat like that, I dont think I would be doing much moving about!

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

I saw the movie with Valeri Bertinelli also, it was good but sad.

Spending time with someone who share your love of quilting is very good for your soul.

I am not walking in this heat and I should be. You need to be careful, make sure you have water with you both to drink and cool off with.

dee said...

I've been hearing about the heat-be careful out there! Our Ben Franklin's closed a couple of years ago-they had great fabric bargans. I miss that. Hope you're staying cool.If you're interested in the Burke books-start with Heaven's Prisoner's. It's also a movie with Alec Baldwin as the main character and Terry Hatcher as a really evil southern Belle. Blockbuster has it.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Glad you're managing this heat. Keep the pups cool, too. Our son's dog, a black lab, lives with us now and she's so funny... will lie right in the HOT sun outdoors. I am forever replenishing her water bowl and coaxing her into the shade-- which she happily enjoys (like she hadn't even THOUGHT of that!)and when I came back inside, where does she go? Yep, back into the SUN. She's back inside in the afternoons, though; just too hot for her these days. Can't wait to see your antique treasures!

Finn said...

It's been so very hot, dear Angie, please do keep drinking lots of water, and exercise caution once the day heats up!
Not doing much is permitted in hot weather! It'll cool off soon, and then the fires will crackle and the soup will smell so good! Hugs, Finn

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Hot is the theme apparently right now! I just keep telling myself fall temps are coming :O)...

Sounds like you had a great visit :O)...

WTG :O) on your exercise program, I am with you I feel so much better when I exercise :O)...though that does not keep me from dropping the ball sometimes... but knowing how good I will feel always gets me going again :O)

Isabelle said...

It's quite hard to imagine heat at the moment. Here in Edinburgh it's rained all day, and while not cold, it's not exactly warm either.

Maybe we could send you a few cool breezes and you could waft a little sunshine our way?

KCQuilter said...

Good to hear that your absence has been due to fun stuff!!! I love Ben Franklin but all ours around here have closed. When I find one on vacation, it's like another tourist stop!!!!

Libby said...

I'm finding it difficult to blog in the summer heat. It's about all I can do to keep up with reading . . . let alone thinking up something to write. Hurry up fall!

Katie said...

Hope you find a cool place to exercise/walk. I've been hand quilting for a fast approaching deadline. I'm in my undies, fan blowing on me and ice bag under my bare feet. Hey, if it works...