Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Ooooh, Look at My Treasure!!






Look what I got from Quilting Daze Darlene!!! Isn't it lovely? It's a pincushion that she made for me, and the fabrics are just gorgeous...and her quilting is wonderful! :D Thank you sooo much, Dazy! You are just the best friend, and you'll never know how special this gift is to me! :>

The embroidery is from my wonderful friend, Finn. I posted a picture earlier, and like the dunce that I can be at times :>, I had photographed the piece upside down. As you can see, she embroidered the most lovely "A" for me!!! Isn't it gorgeous? Thank you, again, my friend! :D This may very well become the center of a wallhanging, or maybe a pillow (?). :>

It's so hot here you could fry eggs on our porch! Makes me even more lethargic than I am normally (and that's pretty lazy LOL). It's 92 deg. and the heat index is over 100. Let me tell you, that is just waaaay tooo hot for this ole girl!! So I'm spending my time going back and forth between helping Randy with paperwork, cutting and piecing several basket blocks, appliquing on a wallhanging, and reading one of those 'murder &mayhem' books that are my favorites. :>

Now, I think I'll head to the couch with my book and a cold drink. :p

14 comments:

Me said...

Oh, simply lovely. So are those darling blocks on July 31st. Mage B.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

The pin cushion is just great, really like that!

I hear ya on the heat, we were suppose to hit 100 today...

I have become addicted to sweet ice tea with lemon, you would think being southern I would have already been addicted to that...no its a new addiction LOL and yes on a day like today its just great...

The A Finn sent you will be lovely in a quilt hanging :)

Finn said...

Hi Angie, hope it cools off for you soon..I'd sure hate to see you all melted!!!
Hug those ice cubes and think about winter..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Lucky you - they are nice gifts. Sorry about the heat, I know I am not looking forward to summer.

Screen Door said...

Stay cool -- Are quilters the best?!?!? Sweet gifts -- along with the memories attached....

Darcie said...

What terrific friends! Just means that you're a terrific friend right back!

Stay cool!

Nan said...

Angie - You are welcome anytime to hang out with me and bring the wiener kids, by all means! They would all have such a great time together, wouldn't they? And, so would we!!
Love your pincushion from Darlene - she is such a talented lady! Also, the embroidery is gorgeous!!
Try and keep cool - I don't envy you that miserable heat!

Carole said...

What a beautiful pin cushion! ;o) Isn't Darlene such a beautiful soul? Thanks for sharing!

tami said...

Wow. Great gifts and on MY birthday. Are you sure they didn't take a wrong turn in the mail?

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Everyone's been posting mail goodies lately, no rest for the mail carriers, that's for sure; even in this HEAT! Congrats, Angie... nice goodies; love those pincushions! The redwork is gorgeous, enjoy!

Darlene said...

YOOHOO Angie - where are you???? I'm missing you, Girlie Girl.
Are you playing in the dirt again?

The Chicken Lady said...

Oooh, Mailbox Love! Those are so cute!! Stay cool!!!! :)

Sonnja said...

Lucky you, they are nice gifts.
Kind Regards,

Sonnja

Belém said...

Beautiful gifts. I love the redwork capital A. Do you know where did your friend get that alphabet?