Saturday, September 01, 2007

Happy September




Oh I'm so glad this summer is on the way out the door. It has been the hottest one that I can ever remember, and I've pretty much been miserable with the heat. I know we still have some hot weather to go, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel! :D

I've spent the day watching Appalachian State beat Michigan---what an upset!!--and Va Tech win their opening game :) All the while doing needleturn applique. I have several hand projects going right now so I just sew on one a while, then go to the next for a while. :) I'm stuck on my little pumpkin motif for finishing the outer border on the punkin quilt. I'm going to at least finish the quilting on that tomorrow and get the binding ready for it.

Flea Market is going on in Hillsville, VA, this weekend. It's a humongous affair. I have a sister that lives there, and it used to be an annual family affair for all of us to gather at Nita's house. It still is, but the faces have changed, I think. ;/ Now I think the gathering mainly consists of my neices and nephews, along with a bunch of greats thrown in there too, rather than Nita's siblings. :) I hope they are having a fun time...the weather really cooperated this year. I can remember years that it rained from opening day (Thurs) to the last day (Mon), and was one huge mudhole. I miss gathering with my siblings. Maybe I should have gone this year but I didn't. Maybe next year?

My tree swallows have been gone all summer, but I'm hoping that they will be back for the Fall and Winter. I miss them. They are such graceful birds with a really sweet song.

The cherry tomatoe plant is a volunteer and I hope you can get an idea of just how big it is from the picture. It is huge!!! And FULL of tomatoes! :D I haven't posted a picture of the 'boys' in a while. This was one of our last trips on the boat before pulling it out for the Winter. Badger is on the left and Dewey is on the right. It's rather dark, but as usual, you can click the picture for a larger view.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

15 comments:

meggie said...

Love those 2 little faces looking out at me! They are so sweet.
I cant even get tomatoes to grow for me!
Hope you get some cooler weather.

mar said...

your boys are so handsome! is it all of your pumpkins that are helping you "see the light"?

Libby said...

Mmmmm - those tomatoes look yummy. Cherries won't grow for me.
I'm right with you on the end of summer. YIPPEE!!! Bring on the cold snap - I'll cuddle right under a quilt *s*

Quilting Kim said...

I wish I could send some of our cooler temps down your way - after the Holiday weekend, of course.

Your boys sure are handsome fellas and they like boating, too.

Bren said...

I am looking forward to Autumn weather too. You little guys are too cute!!

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

I heard all about the game from my son when he came in my studio and said the greatest upset in college football just happened. Now it is the headline all over.

Badger and Dewey are sure comfortable with their sea paws, they are so cute!

Beth said...

oh I'm with you on the ready for cooler weather! We have broken a record this yr for most days above 110! ICK! How do you get your boys to POSE? When I turn my camera..my two legged AND 4 legged boys get up and run away! ...Nothing in AZ volunteers for ANYTHING in the summer...:::sigh:::::

Darlene said...

Yummy looking volunteer tomatoes - perfect in the Volunteer State LOL (sorry couldn't resist) I can't grow anything - Sigh!

The boys are quite handsome! I'm in love. :-)

Yvonne said...

Cute little boys!

Laurie Ann said...

Love pictures of the pups!!!

Quilt Memories said...

Hi Angie, I have been reading your blog for sometime but don't think I have commented on your blog before. I couldn't resist this time. I was surprised and tickled when you mentioned Hillsville. My DH and I sold at that venue for about 12 years. First at the car lot on the corner at the top of the hill. Quessenberry's then for several years in the VFW lot.
I don't miss being there, cause I think it rained on me everytime we set up! Not Fun.
We live in N.C. and it has been miserably HOT here too. Maybe fall is on the way, Sure hope so. Even though I don't like cold weather much. Jewell

Greenie Gardens said...

Your doxies are adorable. As a Dobermom I love their markings! Thanks for visiting my blog. Glad to find another dog-lover. Stephanie

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm ready for cooler temps, too! B&D look so relaxed, boating becomes them! Hannes is jealous...

Nan said...

Your boys are the cutest kids! Thanks for the photo!

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛