Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I'll Never Catch Up :(

My nephew, Graham, with his wife, Sherry, and their two children, Danielle and Grayson

My sweet 'baby' who was afraid Mom would leave him in Hopewell

Midori and Stoney's pet turkey (my niece and her husband) that follows you around like a puppy! :D
My sister, Flan, who is going to kill me for posting this picture, and the turkey following us :D

My niece, Midori, at her house with her 'baby'


My niece, Carmela, with her children, Ian and Rowan

I have gotten the paperwork caught up---finally---but the rest of the mess is taking a lot longer to deal with. :/ I did pull out my Fall wallhangings in spite of the dust and dirt. :)

We had a wonderful time at my sister's house in Hopewell, VA. I got to see two of my nieces and my nephew and their families, none of whom I had seen in so long that their children are well on their way to growing up. They each had us over for dinner and/or lunch, and it was great getting to see where everybody lives and spend time with them in their world. :) They are all wonderful adults, and I wish I could have had more time with each one of them. Maybe one of these days they will come visit me in my world. :D I have photos to post for them and thank-you notes (will emails work? LOL) to send. :)

We spent LOTS of time gabbing, which is what the Graham seesters usually do when they get together. :) I had a wonderful time prowling around outside (in spite of the heat!!) in my sister's flowerbeds, picking out the things that I hope she will get me starts of for my poor 'weed' beds.

Randy has had some really acute back problems since I got home, and we've spent several days with me taking him for drs. appts. We were gone today from 9:15 a.m. until 5:00 this evening in first the dr's office, then a stop at the pharmacy, then on for an MRI this afternoon. Tomorrow he has to go for a bone scan and more blood work. Then next Monday he has an appt. for a bone density test. They have to rule out before they can try to pinpoint the main problem. One cause of concern today was that his white blood count was elevated. So we just take one appt. at a time, and hope that they can get to the root of the problem and help him with the pain.

Eventually, I will get my chores caught up, and get back to piecing quilts and baking bread---oh, I had to order me a special bread pan yesterday (along with a couple of other goodies), thanks to The Wandering Quilter's post about her recent bread-baking. :D In spite of the temps outside, my inner calendar tells me it's time to start thinking about baking breads, making pots of soups and stews, a roaring fire in the woodstove, and all of those wonderful sights, smells and tastes that fairly scream FALL to me. :D

16 comments:

Teresa said...

I hope things get better with Randy. I'm presuming they've ruled out kidney stones?

sMC said...

Glad you had a good time. Hope they find the cause with Randy. Its horrible not knowing. What fabulous photos you take.

Darlene said...

Whew - lots done during your travels with your 'seesters' - FUN!!!!!

I hope that Randy's back pain will subside soon. Actually, it would be better if the problem was detected and corrected.

It's time to sit for a bit and do a stitch or two.

Dawn said...

Oh I want a pet turkey like that!

Darcie said...

You and Randy will be in my thoughts and prayers, Angie.

On a lighter note: Your pics are all so fun to view! You've got some pretty darned good looking genes in your family! What a fun time!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

My inner calendar and outside thermometer are having a major dispute! I hope your husband's back will improve soon, that's awful. Love the doxie photo... Hannes does that too! Welcome home.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Whew, I am tired from reading your post girly! You are sure busy these days! I hope they can pin point Randy's back issue and get on to fixing it!

I am with you, it is so getting to be homemade bread and soup time of year!

Dave and I have been cutting the downed trees and filling up the wood rack! We are both ready to fill the fireplace!

kcamou said...

Great family pics! I'll pray for Randy.

meggie said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing them all with us, Angie.
Sending good vibes to Randy of his back. There is nothing worse than back pain.
So good to see you again!

Marcie said...

Angie Darlin', So glad you had a wonderful time! You take it easy now and get your strength back. It is hard work traveling! I am still recovering myself! I hope hubby is feeling better. Mine was sick while I was gone also. I think they can't function when we are gone. :o)

Toni said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A FUN TRIP...FALL IS ALMOST OVER HERE...ENJOY...TONI

Libby said...

I'm right there with ya - I don't think I'm ever going to catch up. Glad you had a great time *s*

Isabelle said...

A pet TURKEY?

What do its owners eat at Thanksgiving, I wonder...

teodo said...

Great post!
I'm sorry for Randy.
ciao ciao a kiss

Finn said...

Hi Angie, hope by now Randy's back is all better...it sure is painful to have one's back acting up.
Great pictures from your trip..love the turkey....LOL
Catch up soon and come and show us what you are stitching. Hugs, Finn

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Have you caught up yet? Glad to read you had a great time with family. How is Randy doing?

I have been tagged to do the Seven Truths MEME and now I am tagging you.
If you wish to play along Here are the rules:

1. Link the person who has tagged you.
2. Tell seven true things about yourself.
3. Tag seven new people.
4. Leave a message with the person you have tagged so they know about it.