Thursday, October 25, 2007

Okay, Already, I'm Still Alive





click for larger picture

I know I've been MIA for the last month. I wish I could tell you it was because I have been sewing/quilting up a storm, but alas, that is not the case. I did finish (as in DONE DONE) Punkins for Sale, but that's it. No stitchery, no piecing, no quilting. :( However, I have been outside!!! Yea!!! I must say that I have loved having the month of October to play in the dirt. Soon the cold Winter winds will be howling, and I'll be snuggled in by the fire, so I must take advantage of the glorious weather and indulge the tomboy in me! :) We have gotten a couple of loads of firewood laid in, so we're a little more prepared for ole man Winter. :) Today was an absolutely beautiful day...windy, sunny, just one of those perfect Autumn days... and we had RAIN...yes, RAIN!! yesterday! Oh it was wonderful!! We had all but forgotten what it was like to have it rain for hours rather than a sprinkle, a tease, to show us what we've been missing all Summer.

The Bluebirds have been coming every evening for a bath in one of my two birdbaths. We've had as many as 8 at a time, and it's so cute seeing anywhere from 1 to 4 of them in the 'tub' at the same time just splashing up a storm. :) They always show up anywhere from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., and you know, with the days so quickly getting shorter, I just have to seize the moment, grab a cup of coffee, and sit and watch my feathered friends. It's always the Bluebirds and the Goldfinches. I'm hoping that getting some trees and shrubs planted I can entice more species to come and play at my house. :D

Flan and Jay (my sister/BIL) came weekend before last and brought me a truckload (literally, the bed of this truck was stuffed!!) of shrubs, trees, flowers and grasses for my yard! Oh my, it was truly better than Christmas morning, and this is a girl that has always LOVED Christmas morning!! :D It was such fun having Flan and Jay, even if it was for only an overnight visit. You must come back SOON! Dewey and Badger are really mising you, Jay! :)

They've started prepping for building a house on the lot next to us, and Homer Kitty was applying for a new job as "Catepillar Driver", chief administrative assistant, and as such was checking out how level they had graded so far. :)

And I finally, finally got my three Carolina Sapphire Cypress trees!!! And I do LOVE them!!! May have to get a couple more of those one of these days.

Randy is still having a terrible time with his back. Yes, he has a kidney stone, but no one seems to be in a hurry to help him get rid of it. It's about 7 mm in size, yet the urologist said 'it shouldn't be causing the kind of pain you're having...you MAY pass this on your own...come back to see me in 6 months." Huuuuuhhhhh???? Granted, he may have more than one issue going on with his back, but we couldn't believe they weren't going to do lipotripsy. :/ He left for a show in Greenville, SC, today and will be back on Sunday afternoon. He has three shows in three consecutive weekends coming up. I wish he could have gotten some relief for his back before having to do so much traveling.

Since we had some rain yesterday, I'm going to try to get some of those plants in the ground tomorrow. I got my RedTwig Dogwood and Burning Bush planted this afternoon. :) And the birdies are already using them! :)

AND, DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!! I'm going to see if I can unearth one of my applique projects, and maybe, just maybe, I'll do a bit of sewing *g*.

7 comments:

Darlene said...

Well, look who came in to wash her hands! LOL! I know you've really been enjoying playing in the dirt.

Don't fret about your sewing projects as they will be waiting for you when you can't play in the dirt. :-)

Good to 'see' you!

Darcie said...

I've missed you! But it's good to hear that you're healthy and busy enjoying the Autumn weather. So fun to hear what you've been up to all of this time!

I do hope Roger can bring his pain to an end sooner than 6 months from now! You'll both be in my thoughts....

(I've been crocheting away! Please stop over for a visit when you can!) ;-)

Libby said...

It's good to hear that you have been having fun playing outside . . . winter will be here soon enough to keep you indoors.

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

WOW, I logged on and started reading emails and thought of you. I sent an email then logged on to bloglines and you have a new posting. Is that not scarry or what?

My Hubby gets kidney stone and mostly passed them without any troubles in a day or two. The last one was really big and he could not pass it for two weeks. Finally the Dr gave him flowmax (sp?) and a muscle relaxant and it passed it two hours. Hope Randy gets some help from the Drs for the pain and feels better real soon.

meggie said...

SO good to see you back! Glad you have been having fun in the dirt!lol!
Nice pics to show us how things are going.
Those fires have been so terrible. We them bad over here, but those just look even worse.

ROZ said...

You sound so happy and busy. I like the bird picture you posted. My potted plants on my patio are attracting birds, and a hummingbird was here on his rounds this evening, while I was eating my dinner.
We have a lot of smoke here where I live in Calif., but are safe from the fires. The fires are getting put out now.

Beth said...

Oh Angie, I'm glad to see you back! I have been busy too...traveling and sewing! make sure to wash your gardening hands BEFORE you dive into the applique!