Friday, November 30, 2007






A few post-Thanksgiving photos: My seester/BIL/nephew Sug, Fred and Troy; Madison (my great-niece) in Dewey's bed WITH Dewey (ROFL); and Madison (in my lovely clogs :>) trying to get Badger's toy (with Dewey looking on)

I just had to share a picture of my most favorite Christmas mug! I bought this mug about 13 years ago, and it's been my first Christmas mug out of the cabinet ever since. :>

And, now don't faint dead away, here's my pieced tablerunner from Finn's tutorial (I'm still having some minor problems with linking, so see previous post for Finn's link -- or my sidebar). I'm such a sloppy sewer, none of my blocks EVER turn out the same size, and no, I never learned how to 'square up'...I really should learn HOW to piece and quilt one of these days. :0 In any event, this was a REALLY FAST AND EASY runner to piece--so easy and fast that I plan on making a couple more within the next few days. :D Now, if I actually made a couple more of these, wouldn't that be simply amazing!!! ROFL

I just received a McCall's Quilting magazine, 2 Australian Patchwork and Quilting mags, and an Australian Threads mag, so I'm brewing a fresh cup of cofee, hitting the couch to peruse these for a few minutes, then I just may go layer/baste and start quilting the trees topper and the 'F&E Runner'. :> (Can you tell that I'm 'home alone'? LOL)

12 comments:

Libby said...

I dunno how to square up either . . . makes my stuff uniquely MINE *s* Looks great.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Sounds like its been busy around your place! What a haul on the magazines! Fun night for you going thru all those!

mar said...

That table runner turned out really cute!! Good going! Love the mug.

julieQ said...

I am a point-less sewer too!! None of my points match!! But I love it anyway. Your table runner turned out great.

JulieQ

meggie said...

Nice pics Angie. Bet those doggies were glad when Maddison went home!LOL.
I love being home alone, but it rarely happens.

sMC said...

fabulous chissy mug and I love the table runner, will go look how to make one. No quilt police live here either.:)

jillquilts said...

Very nice pics! Dewey looks to be saying "get this kid out of my bed!" I had a black wienie and she was an old bitty when I got the puppies and she would give me looks all the time like she wanted them out of her way!

Finn said...

Hey Angie girl..you dun good!!! I see you made it bigger and it sure does look GOOD to me! You know I'm about as far from Quilt Police as it's possible to get...LOL
Great job..adorable pictures, love that Dewey!! Hugs, Finn

Laurie said...

Angie,
I just love the Christmas quilts...especially the tree one with the pinwheel in the middle! It's just too cute!
Hugs
Laurie

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Well done on the runner, it's great. Dewey is very generous to share his bed with his little human friend! Just precious!

teodo said...

This tablerunner is very nice and...............
your family wonderful.
ciao ciao

Nan said...

Look at the cute wienies having fun! Love the photos of your family, and the runner is so very nice!