Monday, November 12, 2007

Tulips, Stars and Trees




I've played hard today. I've been outside all afternoon. Got a white butterfly bush and a donut peach tree in the ground, as well as a pot of Comfrey and Speedwell. I think the high was 70 deg. so it was just too pretty to stay in. :D

I did piece these little trees tonight. The Tulips Under the Stars quilt I made, hmmm, how many years ago now(?), and it's only partially quilted. :D The log cabin quilt was the first larger quilt that I did. It was machine-pieced and hand-quilted. I made it just for my DH, Randy. :)

Now I'm going to go make us some dinner, and get on the couch! :D

10 comments:

Darlene said...

Love, love the tulips! Start quilting on it again!

Cute, cute trees.

And, Randy's quilt is wonderful.

KCQuilter said...

Ooooh, love those quilty things!

Screen Door said...

LOVE THE QUILT SHOW!!! Hope you get pack to quilting on the tulips real soon. Fifteens minutes a day and sooner or later you'll be done. Set an egg timer. Maybe you can steal 15 minutes somewhere.

Marcie said...

Oh goody, you are making trees! I love your other quilts also. How is the water holding out in your area?

Libby said...

Sounds like a great day *s* Love those quilts . . .

Thimbleanna said...

I love your star quilt -- and the new banner is great! Can't wait to see the Christmas version! ;-)

Erin said...

I love everything!!!!!! In the 70's ? you are lucky!! but how is the water down there? I love your blog!!!!! keep in touch!!!
Erin at godoodlesnquilt.blogspot.com...

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Very pretty quilts and blocks!!! You do such outstanding work.

meggie said...

Love your quilty things!!

julieQ said...

Very pretty quilts. Nice start on your Christmas-ish quilt!! Thank you for sharing your great work.

julieQ