Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Wow, Twice in One Day



I know, I don't post for a month at a time, and then I double-dip. :D Such is the freedom of PCs, right? :) I just had to add a picture of SOME of my gold finches, dressed in their winter finery, that are coming to my feeders now--in droves!!! Don't know how I'll be able to keep them all fed this Winter. :)

AND, I got myself some new hiking boots! :D And I've pranced around in them all afternoon, well, they didn't get here until about Noon today, and I do just love them!! :)

The potato soup is made, the yeast bread is rising, the fire is softly blazing, and finally, finally, I am going to the sewing room. You see, I may have to pull those dang Fall fabrics back off the shelf, and yes, I did JUST put them back in place the other day. :/ But now, when I thought I was ready to drag out all of the Christmas fabrics, Mary at www.makingscrapquiltsfromstash.blogspot.com posted a pattern for her rail fence with maple leaf quilt, and I'm going to HAVE to make at least a couple blocks.

Sug (seester) is coming tomorrow afternoon to play with me. Well, actually, she wants some of that pizza and potato soup that I've made, but she SAYS it's really just to come see me, my trees, my new boots, etc. :D But I know.......LOL

5 comments:

Perry said...

I have so enjoyed your picture of life in Tennessee. I have never been there, but it must be gorgeous. And your mention of potato soup makes me hungry. Mary's quilt would make me want to stay with fall fabrics too.

kjquilts said...

Aren't those birds coming to the feeder wonderful? Just this morning I saw a beautiful red bird (robin?) on the windowsill, it only stayed for a minute but I enjoyed watching it. Your pizza and potato soup sure sound good!

QuiltingFitzy said...

I tried to go to the blog you referred to, but I can't make it work. Could you check it? I'd love to see this maple leaf quilt.

TIA!

(pass the soup please)

Screen Door said...

Love the dishes *S*. Hope you are having a good week.... what are you stitching on these days?

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Love the boots girly!!!