Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Confession is Good for the Soul

*howling with laughter* Oh dang, I DO wish I knew how to insert those cute, cute smiley faces in here--anybody out there game to help me with that??? :> Oh Dazey Darlene, you are just a riot--choke on your Diet Coke, indeed---what, can you not envision me stomping out to feed the chickens (read 'the birds') and milk that cow and goat in my pretty red heels, jeans, flannel shirt and TADA Christmas apron????? ROFLOL In my day, I wasn't a 'clothes horse'--no sirree---this ole country gal was into SHOES!!! LOVED my red high-heels with a passion (hmmmm, sounds like Dolly Parton to me ROFL)! I just had to take a hazy picture of me in my brand-new Christmas apron and my red high heels....LOL-- We are (more like were, at this point) supposed to attend the local attorneys' bar party Friday night (yes, this Friday night!!!). Now my DH is WAAAAY sick with a nasty cold/flu yuk. Anyhoo, my seester, Sug, and I had gone ashoppin' one day not too long ago, and I found me the purtiest satiny hiiiiigh heels to wear with my new 'party' dress. She's across the store, I can't see her, but I'm wavin' my arms above my head, yooohoooing for SUUUUUG (read as "Shug")!!!! Come see my party shoes I found!!! *howls of laughter* She's short, well----- she's REAL short,--- and you lose sight of her as soon as you step foot in a store unless you hang on to her back pocket---well, anyway, I'm losing my story train----oh, yeah, well, she shows up, looks at me in my jeans and these GORGEOUS shoes (NOT the ones in the hazy picture, by the way---I now own TWO pairs of red heels ROFL)---and says: DO YOU STILL KNOW HOW TO WALK IN THOSE HIGH HEELS AFTER ALL OF THESE YEARS THAT YOU HAVEN'T BEEN IN A PAIR? Wellllll, uhhhh, noooooo, but I can go stompin' and clompin' into this party showing off my new RED Shoes!!!! And if by chance we decide we aren't going to this party (our 'party' days a looooong behind us, thank God!), I can just wear these beauties around the house with my jeans!! *gasping with laughter* Now, on to the apron----isn't that a BEAUTY??? I have to fess up and tell you that I did NOT make it. However, it is handmade--I purchased that little sweetie from"Egg Money" esty store. Lynn actually has a blog, which I can't for the life of me find right now, and she made the apron from some Vintage Christmas fabric....and I bought me ANOTHER Christmas present!!! Shhhh, Randy doesn't read my blog, well, not very often anyway, so DON'T tell him I'm on here ordering ME a Christmas present for EACH DAY of the month of December!!! (That is the way one is supposed to do Christmas gifts, right???? ROFL)

11 comments:

KCQuilter said...

You are a riot, Angie!!!!! Need me some of them there red high heels too---NOT!

Belvie said...

I had to go back and take a look at you in the apron and red high heels. You look so cute!!!! But I think the real finishing touch to that photo is the fishing pole in the background.

Darlene said...

OK, now I'm spewing my coffee all over the place! You're NUTS!

I'm sorry that Randy is not feeling well. YUCK!

Angie said...

OMG, Belvie, you are SO RIGHT!!! *howling* Randy is always telling me that I should look at the "setting" around what I'm about to photograph...I just never think about it! ROFL See, I can even go fishing in my new red heels!!! :D:D

Vera, you really DO NEED a good pair of RED HIGH HEELS, girl, you just nevah know WHEN one will have ta dress!!! :D

Wipe that coffee off of Ron's new big screen right now, Dazey, afore he comes in and sees it---he'll NEVER let you use it again if he catches you spittin' coffe on it! :/

Linda said...

What a hoot, now is that a glof club I see resting next to the mirror? So that means you could not only use them as party or fishing shoes but also golfing shoes. Wouldn't all those golfing men just love it if you toddled across their green in high heels?......lol....

Libby said...

High heels . . . the bane of my existence *s* I swore off heels and hose when I left the work world nearly 10 years ago. Little did I know that I might have to cram my dainty *NOT* tootsies into a pair of dress shoes from time-to-time. Oh the pain of it all.

Kim said...

By all means, buy yourself something each day of December--you could end up with 20-something pairs of red high heels! Hey, while you're at it, buy ME something too, okay? I need me some red heels . . . . ROFLOL!

Yvonne said...

Love the shoes and apron....LOL A gift a day sounds about right to me. :) Very nice quilty decorations.

Kim said...

On the first day of Christmas I bought me shiny shoes...is there a partridge on the list? LOL. Girl, you are a hoot!

I have a hankering for a pair of red shoes. May not be screaming high heels like your beauties, but red. Definitely red...and I'll be needing a little Rosie' dolly like yours, too, please. I wuv her feeeet! :)

PS: buy baby socks for the hat.

teodo said...

You are fantastic with this apron and ..........red shoes!
BELLISSIMA.

I like all your quilty Christmas decorations.
ciao ciao

Nan said...

Why not wear your red high heels with your jeans? If it makes you happy, you go, girl!! I do think you owe us a photo of you in the NEW red satiny heels, however!!
Love the shopping story, too! Makes me wish I had a sister.