Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I've Been Out in That Kitchen...






I made the first batch of chocolate peanut butter fudge a couple of days ago (I make the old-fashioned kind that was on the back of the Cocoa box a hundred years ago and is cooked on the stove for 17 min. ;>), and got the sugar cookie dough and gingersnap dough mixed up, along with the 'crust' and filling for the pecan tarts. Today, I baked the first round of gingersnap cookies and made 48 pecan tarts. Well, there's actually only 46 tarts NOW cuz I had to try them to make sure they were 'palatable'. *g* Oh my, these 'big woman' hips of mine are growing larger with me just thinking about how scrumptious these pecan tarts are! Do I HAVE to share??? :D

I will try to get the Tasty Kake recipe up here soon for those who were interested in that. :)

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm caught up in the Christmas crunch. Hope all of you are 'making merry'---the Jolly Ole' Man in the Red Suit is only 5-1/2 days away!! :D

18 comments:

Linda said...

I'm guessing those tarts passed the taste test.....lol... Love your wall hanging.

Kristie said...

Okay Angie, now I am hungry!!! Everything looks sooooooo good!
Kristie

Darlene said...

Everything looks YUMMY! Just send those Pecan Tarts to me and you won't have to worry about those hips. teehee! Bear in mind, I'm only thinking of you. LOL

The wallhanging is soooooooooooooooooooooo adorable. Tell Glorie that her Auntie Darlene needs one, too. ROFLOL!

Mar said...

Darlene has to share too, oh they look so good!!

Perry said...

Your Christmas goodies look so good, they are making me hungry! Congratulations on getting so much accomplished.

dordognequilter said...

Yummt scrummy cookies. I'm feeling hungry and its only 10.00 am over here! I love the wallhanging on the brick work.

meggie said...

Love the wallhanging. All that baking deserves a reward for the cook!!

How are Dewey & Badger? Hope they are both well. Hugs from us!

Kim said...

My mom used to make pecan tarts...yum!

sMC said...

Just catching up on the last months posts, you have done well, I just love everything. Red shoes with heels lol.
btw watch for Postie I have honoured my obligation for you posting a comment about the middle of the year. When it arrives you may need to use a little sandpaper to make them open better. Now that will keep you guessing won't it. Happy Holiays. hugs

Happy In Quilting said...

all looks yummy.....

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Now I'm hungry too! Enjoy, Angie! Merry Christmas... Hannes is sending his greetings for happy holidays to Dewey and Badger, too!

Isabelle said...

What a busy family! It all looks lovely. Happy Christmas.

teodo said...

I think they are good.

BUON NATALE E FELICE 2008
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY 2008
ciao ciao

Libby said...

Mmmm . . . can I have a bite *s*

Sug said...

The elf is right at home..love that mantel and wreath..warm and cozy. Be careful, the cozier you make that place the longer the quests will want to stay :):)

jillquilts said...

Your baked goods look yummy! I ate entirely too many sweets this past couple of weeks! My hips are going to be in the same boat!

Kim said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that wallhanging! I'll have to go rummage around and see if I have that book. I think NOT, but you never know! (Or at least I don't! And anyone who DOES, just DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH STUFF!)

hasnain raza said...

Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
lolsgag.com