Thursday, January 10, 2008

7 Random Things About Moi

1 - I love chocolate-covered raisins....but I HATE raisins plain or in anything else. 2 - I'm the youngest (by 8 years) child of 9. I have 5 sisters and 3 brothers. 3 - Whenever I open gifts that have bows and/or ribbons on them, I end up sticking the bows in my hair. :D 4 - I have to read every night after I go to bed. I've done this ALL of my life. 5 - I would love to have a horse, a goat, some chickens, and a mini-donkey. :) 6 - I can't volunteer at the animal shelter cuz I would bring them all home with me. :) 7 - I have met the most wonderful people through blogging, will always have a special place in my heart for Finn and Ms. Ebby (she got me started), and have had the world open up in front of me because of blogging. :) And one more for good measure----8 - I have struggled all of my life with an inferiority complex. Lord, am I glad I've reached the wonderful age where those kinds of issues have just disappeared. LOL I am sending HUGE quilted hugs to Kim from Kim's Big Quilting Adventure (yes, I still have trouble putting in links :/) for sending me the YOU MAKE MY DAY AWARD!!! :D When I figure out how to get that dang thing linked too, I'll most assuredly pass it along. :0 I had several photos to post but Blogger just let me know they don't want to post photos today *s* so, sorry for no fun critter posts today. :)

8 comments:

Libby said...

Oh . . . right there with you on 3 and 6!

Kristie said...

I love your idea of the mini-donkey. I told Richard if I had a really tiny one, I would house train it and keep it in the house like a puppy! Of course, he thought I was crazy. We have 4 horses, pigs, chickens, and my baby....an old mule named Jim. I would bring him in the house but he weighs 1300lbs. :)
Kristie

Darlene said...

We're way too much alike. Except for the raisins - double YUCK!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Your heart block is great and you are WAY to on top of the seasons! LOL...

Yep one big plus to age is it sure frees up the way one thinks! Its for sure one of the biggest perks of adding B-Days :O).

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow! You're the baby of 9!!! I'm with you on everything but 2 and 3 AND I'll take raisins any time, any place unless they've been soaked in rum or something LOL!

Patti said...

One of the beauties of reaching "a certain age" I think. I, too, suffered terribly most of my life from an inferiority complex. I understood exactly what caused it - a traumatic illness in childhood which distanced me from other children my age for a year - but that didn't help at all. Something magic happend about the time I reached my very late 50's and now my 60's - as you say, I just don't care any more. I really like who I am, and if others don't then I figure it's their loss!

KCQuilter said...

I'm your double on the animal thing!!! DH has to watch me carefully when we are at places where the humane society has kitties and dogs on display, trying to find homes for them. I'd bring them ALL home if I could!

Nan said...

Love your random things - we are alike in many ways. I read every night at bedtime, and I couldn't work at an animal shelter, either, for the very same reason! I also stick the bows from packages in my hair or someone else's! Isn't that what they're for? I'm ashamed to say I still struggle somewhat with the inferiority complex thing - aaackkk! It's much less than it used to was, that's for sure!
Congratulations on the award, Angie - you definitely deserve it!