Friday, February 01, 2008

Treasures

I know I've been 'away' for a while. :/ Just living life. :) Thought I would share some treasures with you that I found last Friday, when I spent the entire day with a new friend, Nancy, who has the local yarn shop, Ewe and I.

This bookcase is a perfect fit at the end of my island. Got some of the cookbooks off of the counter. :) (Oops, shoulda moved the cigarettes...Randy's always telling me I need to look at what will be in the background of the pictures before I snap them :/)A couple of pretty plates that had to come home with me (even tho the larger one is discolored, I still love it)
Oh, look at this treasure---I have wanted one of these 'old' toolboxes forever...and I finally found it!!!
Don't you just love this wooden bucket? The lady that owns the antique shop painted it red...I LOVE it!!
And last, but by no means least, look at this 'beauty'!!! Oh he's adorable!! And my little Badger just creeped up on him .... growling... several times Badger had to 'stake his claim' LOL with this little wienie planter. :)

I am home alone today, until Sunday afternoon. Last night I started doing some embroidery again. I've also been knitting a bit. I'm going out to lunch with a couple of friends tomorrow. I'm becoming quite the social butterfly, aren't I? *g* (Not bloody likely ROFL)

The wind is really ripping today. I have a fire going in the stove, and I'm heating water for a cup of tea. Hope all of you are snuggled in and ready for a lovely weekend.

18 comments:

Kim said...

I have one of those tool boxes. We found it stored away in our carpenters workshop after we moved in to this house. Also found an old table that I use. I think I will stain the tool box. I have a natural color. What will you do with yours?

Libby said...

Nothin' like a fun day of 'antiquing' unless it's a fun day of antiquing that brings home some great finds *s*

Marcie said...

Nice haul Angie! I love the dog! Too cute!

Darcie said...

Oooh...some pretty great finds! No yarn?!?!?!

We get a kick out of our lab/retriever hearing dogs barking on the TV. She's funner to watch than TV!

Darlene said...

Yeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - you blogged! :-)

Love all the treasures - good job. :-) I'm so glad you had a great time with your friend.

Charlene said...

Great stuff! Don't you love a successful day of treasure exploration?? You shouldn't have mentioned it -- I had to look REALLY hard to find it!

Kim said...

I was WONDERING what happened to you! Looks like you've been having some fun and came home with some great finds! (I always forget when I'm taking photos to see what might be in the background--I can't tell you how many photos I've deleted when I found I had taken pictures of the kitty liter box! ROFLOL!)

Beemoosie said...

What wonderful finds!! love the red bucket!

Dawn said...

Oh what finds! I LOVE the tool box! I"ve wanted one too, this one is awesome!

Christine said...

Some lovely purchases. I especially like that wooden bucket. And the doggie is very cute.

Isabelle said...

Welcome back. Looks like you've been busy.

meggie said...

Nice finds there Angie. The Weinie planter is cute. Seems like life is cruising along for you.

julieQ said...

Fun finds!! I love your weinie doggie..

jenclair said...

Great fun! I love pretty plates and tea cups, but had to quit collecting the tea cups when so many other people started collecting and the prices went up. Still...I love the mismatched ones that I have.

Nan said...

Of course, you KNOW I love the wienie planter!! I have not seen one like that - it's adorable! Great find, Angie! Sounds like you've been having fun and just enjoying life - good for you!!

teodo said...

Angie,
wonderful your toolboxes.
ciao ciao

julieQ said...

Looks like you had fun at the store, then fun at home too. I like your bookcase, just right for the end. Love those plates, too!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

The dachshund planter is the absolute best! Well done, treasure hunter, you!