Thursday, February 28, 2008

Update on Dewey






Dewey has nice clean white teeth now! :) However, he does have several problems. For starters, he was dehydrated. His calcium level is way too high. He has a kidney and a bladder infection. The vet is concerned that he may have a form of malignent cancer which may be causing the calcium elevation. At this point, it's too soon to know ANYTHING for sure...so I'm going positive until I have proof that there is something serious that I need to worry about. He has antibiotics for 14 days, and then she will want to see him again for more blood work to try to determine the cause of the inflated calcium levels. Thanks for all of your kind thoughts and prayers for my sweet 'boy'. :)

I just have to share with the world at large that my birthday (2-26-08) was super special from start to finish. My dear friend, Dazey Darlene, started my day with a special phone call with a birthday wish!! Thank you so much, my EBFF!! :) And my siblings called throughout the day. I spent the day with one of my seesters -- Sug and BIL Fred, and we had a great time. She made our most favorite Wacky Chocolate Cake for us too. ;) Yum!!! And such FUN gifties--a bucket of ground wheat bran to start our meal worm farm for the Bluebirds, and conduit pipe to raise my Shepherd's crooks up higher so that the deer can't eat the birdseed, and HUGE pinecones from South Carolina so I can make me some peanut butter/birdseed coated pinecones to hang for the birdies, and and and a stitchery kit and a candlewicking pillow kit and and and hmmmm

Then we went to Lowe's and bought me a wonderful storm door, and a new spading fork for the garden, and the most special telescoping rake, and birdseed and and oh I know, I got me a WOOD CHISEL!!!! Now how fun will THAT be????? :D Oh, and a roll of chicken wire to try to discourage the deer from eating my baby bushes and trees and flowers and such. :D

When we got back to my house there was a florist box on my porch. My dear sweet quilting niece, Glorie, sent me the most BEAUTIFUL pink tulips and purple irises...oh my goodness, they are just breathtakingly beautiful!! No one has ever sent me tulips OR irises before!

One of my seesters played the most beautiful song for me...over the phone...on our Mom's piano which she now has....how very special that was!! A Dream of Love (the song)

Vickie (my SIL) and brother, Den, called me. It's always so much fun to talk to Den and Vickie...gotta talk 'wood' with my brother! :) My seester, Flan, called and we spent the most delightful time talking about birds and trees and plants and Spring Fever!!! My seester, Nita, left a message on the answering machine (cuz I was out partyin' with my other seester, Sug ROFL), then Nita caught me today for a wonderful chat --- yup, about birds and trees and plants and such.....Oh it was all just so special!!!!

Now, I know without a doubt that I've left someone or something out, but not because it was any less special or appreciated---just because I'm really tired now and my pea brain is drawing blanks ROFL. I'm getting off of here, but I just had to share some of this. :D

BTW, the last photo is of a coyote that was in the field right behind my house. I actually took this photo from my kitchen window.

Edit: How could I forget to tell you what was in the black bag----one of the BEST and MOST IMPORTANT gifties of ALL-------SHEEP POOP (well, bedding, anyway ROFL) from my new friend, Flanie!!!! Lest you don't understand why one with red high heels would get excited about Sheep Poop...well it's for my flowerbeds, of course!!! *laughing hilarariously*

19 comments:

Beth said...

Happy belated Birthday! You got LOTS of nice gifties..and the BEST..phone calls and visits! I'm glad Dewey had clean teeth..think you can get him to smile for the camera??? lololol

Sheila in Ohio said...

A belated Happy Birthday!! If only I'd known ;> Sounds like you had a great time, and I hope you were wearing your red shoes!
(P.S. ... the trash bag? I'll have to read again to see if I missed it.)

Thimbleanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope Dewey gets better in a hurry!

julieQ said...

Hope your baby sweet dog is Ok. I know that must be worrisome...Happy Birthday!! a little late. I am glad you had a wonderful day!

Libby said...

Happy 'belated' Birthday *s* I must say it takes a very special girl to get excited over a birthday gift of 'sheep poop'

Gina said...

I'm sorry that Dewey has got all those problems.

Belated birthday wishes . I know exactly what you mean about sheep poop. a friend brings me some and it's wonderful

love and hugs xxx

Violette Severin said...

I hope Dewey will be OK. Its hard to have a sick pet. My youngest cat went to the vet today and was prescribed meds for his sinus problem. Its minor but I worry anyway. Happy Birthday!

Toni said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

That Sheep Poop is so funny...Have fun with it..

toni

meggie said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday!
Blated Happy Birthday to you!

Let us hope Dewey will be ok.

Carin said...

I found your blog looking for quilting blogs, I hope your Dewey will be okay. I ROFL over the bag of sheep poop and I love your red and white heart block you made for V-day!

We Live Luv Laugh said...

Sheep poop? You got excited over sheep poop? Why am I not surprised? :-) I'm glad your b'day was so happy! You deserve it! I'll still be keeping myfingers crossed for Dewey!

The Chicken Lady said...

Late, as usual, but Happy birthYEAR! :) Sounds like you had plenty of fun. I'm glad Dewey is ok. Hope the antibiotics get him all back to normal! :)

Laura said...

Prayers for Dewey!!!

teodo said...

Happy Birthday even if I'm late.
ciao ciao

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Hugs for precious Dewey, HB to you, and congrats on your big BLACK BAG! ;) The coyote pic is scary!!

Bren said...

Positive thought for Dewey! I love the birthday sheep poop!!! Happy Belated birthday!!!

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Hey sheep poop for your flower beds thats great! My neighbor lets me have all the cow poop I want :O)...nice of them to share don't you think? LOL

I hope Dewey will get better, I am not sure if you saw the post about Dakota having cancer... BUT he is doing soooooooo good :O)... being he is old like Dewey, we are just grateful for as long as we get to keep him. So far no new turmors, we check him every day! I hope they can stabalize Dewey :O)...These furry kids are the best and they sure can break your heart but they are soooo worth it :O)...

You got some great BDay gifts girly!

I am holding off till end of March to put in my seedlings in the garden, I am so glad I didn't do it a week ago, we have had freezes since and snow! Yep that would have so been a bad plan to have put them in!

((((((((((()))))))))))) consider that a big hug :O)

Nan said...

I am SO glad I came to visit you! I am terribly sorry to hear about Dewey, and he will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers - the vet will fix him up as good as new, I know!
Happy belated birthday - really belated, I'm sorry to say! It sounds like you had a most wonderful day! How exciting about the sheep poop! Your plants will be thanking you by growing like crazy!!
Love all the photos, too! It is really beautiful where you live.

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛