Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Computer Woes and Some Major Fun

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are having some rather major computer difficulties right now, and I probably won't be on it much for a while (no surprise there....this woman just falls off the face of the earth for months at a time anyway LOL). Well, anyway, the computer bit the dust (completely, I thought) day before yesterday. So we got the name of someone who was able to come and check things out for us last night. Lord, the boy was here for 2 and half hours. I was sure the computer was toast. However, he said we have a major lack of capacity for what we are doing (and want to do) on this computer. So he cleared out lots of stuff and got us back up and running---for a while---with cautions to only have ONE window open at any given time. ONE? ONLY ONE? This to a girl that has at least 6 going at all times if she's on here; well, I do have to have a constant check of the weather, and of course, CNN, and of course, my favorite blogs, which usually lead me to NEW blogs....so you get the picture of my bottom tray on the computer, right? :) So the best solution for me is for me to just stay gone until we have this issue resolved. You see, day before yesterday I had gone out and picked up two 1-gig flash drives to move my photos onto. I just happened to have filled those two puppies up, thought, hmmm, 1 gig wasn't NEARLY as much space as I thought, so I went online and ordered each of us a Portable External Hard Drive with LOTS of space. It was at this crucial juncture that the computer completely moaned, groaned, and ground to a screeching halt, saying NO MORE, LADY, I'M DONE!! *Feverishly rubbing my brow cause I KNOW my DH is going to THINK (note here, NOT say LOL) that 'she's torn something up again'. ROFL Now, he swears he does not think that, but.....well, I still have my suspicions. *grins* Sooooo, this wonderful computer fella says to call him when my HUGE gigabyte PEHDs arrrive and he will come back and install some more ram on this thing, and transfer a bunch of stuff for us, etc. *HUGE Sighs and grunts of gratitude here for that young man!!!) We received notice this afternoon that the PEHDs have been shipped. Yeee Haaa!! Now, I have spent this day with my delightful Hannah and Maggie. They took me to Bulls Gap, TN, to the Amish (or is it Mennonite?) store there called "Yoders". Oh. MY. Goodness!! Did I love that store or WHAT!!! Sug, I have bread to share with you! :) THEN, Hannah says, hey Ange, do you want to go to the quilt shop that's here???? HELLOOOOO??? Quilt Shop? You bet, sistah, drive on, James!!! :) Wonderful, that's what my Hannah is!!! She really is the most wonderful chosen family one could have!!! We signed up for a seasonal banner class for August 12 to make the most darling October banner! CAN NOT WAIT!!! (And Hannah thinks she's not a 'quilter'....ah hmmm, she may not be YET ;) Then back to Hannah's house for some bread, butter, and knitting. Pam, another new friend, called and we told her to come on over, so we spent a bit of time with her, then Pam and I bailed out of there (I started this day with Hannah at 10:20 a.m. and left there at 5:10ish) in time for Hannah to scoot on up the road to Kingsport for a Pampered Chef meeting. (I did request that Hannah Rose bottle some of that energy that woman has and share it with me!!!) I had a WONDERFUL day! Thank you bushels, Hannah Rose and Maggie Mae! And it was all pleasure getting to see you again, Pam! Until Friday (knittin' class *grins*).....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

green eggs and ham you say.........HAHAHAHAHA(EVIL LAUGH)!!!!guess who this is from....i dont do the blog thing cause i cant type and i cant sit still and i cant spell.......so just to avoid the laughter from all , email me woman!!!!love the one who doesnt have any calves or goats for sale!!!

julieQ said...

Well, of course, what a question...go to the quilt shop! I am sorry about your computer woes, I MUST backup!

meggie said...

Wow, you have been having some fun & games. Wish I could have visited the Amish- or were they Menonite?haha- shops with you. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Keep well, Hugs, xx