Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Drought

It seems I've been in a drought here in NE TN. Actually, we have had some rain, but word-wise, I really do seem to be bereft of words these days. Our computer has been repaired and is working much better now. Some friends in Rogersville recommended this young man to work on it, and oh how lucky we feel to have found Adam. He's our computer guru now. :) It's been a couple of busy weeks, fun, but busy and for someone who's thyroid is off again, quite exhausting. But the major block I'm facing right now is that my sister, Barbara, who hasn't been well for a long time, took a major turn for the worse over the weekend and we were preparing to say goodbye. They have her stabilized now. That heightened degree of panic and grief strangles. At the same time, I have a nephew who has been in intensive care for a couple of weeks now. What should have been a fairly routine and non-life-threatening surgical procedure (my understanding of it anyway) has turned into a true nightmare for my family. I just found out that they airlifted him from a local hospital to University of Virginia Medical Center. My updates with family members has been "it doesn't look good" for almost two weeks now, but it seems that he has worsened. I know that all of us face, sooner or later, that crippling state of fear and helplessness. As if all of the above isn't enough, I didn't share with you that one of my brothers-in-law died the latter part of May. You know, sometimes this business of LIVING and of DYING can be all-consuming.

8 comments:

We Live Luv Laugh said...

Aunt Ang,
It's all so sad, isn't it? I just keep hoping and praying for a miracle for both of them. Love you!

McIrish Annie said...

Angie, You and your family are in my thoughts. Ironically, facing death makes us realize how precious life really is. I pray things turn around for your sister and your nephew.

Darcie said...

I'm so sorry to hear of all of these challenges, Angie. Please know that prayers will be lifted for you and your family and those that are caring for each of them.

(((Hugs of comfort from North Daktoa....)))

Libby said...

Oh dear, Angie. So much worry on your plate at one time. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Sending you huge hugs!

Marcie said...

Angie, I feel bad hearing of all the illness in your family. To have so much hit at one time is certainly all consuming. Wishing you well and sending love and prayers.

Finn said...

Dear, dear Angie, I don't think there are enough hugs in the world to make it all better, but I wish there was.
It is a strangling place we stand in, helpless to change the outcome. Our challenge seems to lie in whether or not we can come to accept what 'is' and what isn't.
My thoughts and prayers are with you sweetie. Hugs, Finn

Quilting Kim said...

((((Angie))) I know all too well what you are going through. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time in your life.

Mary said...

Angie! My goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister and your nephew. Life sure deals some awful hands sometimes... I know the feeling of losing someone close as I've lost two in two years.

Keep the faith,
Hugs,
Mary