Wednesday, July 09, 2008

FINALLY! A STORM DOOR

Oh. my. goodness! I've had this new storm door since my birthday!!! Yes!! That would be since February 26! And it was installed for me TODAY!! Do I love it, or what!!! :D But I REALLY felt bad for the guys that put it up for me. The fella that poured our concrete last Summer came by the other day. I casually asked if he knew of anyone that would put up a storm door for me. He called last night to tell me he couldn't pour concrete today, so he and his son would come over the install the door. He said "it shouldn't take too long"----yeah, right, FAMOUS LAST WORDS! ROFL He may NEVER come back to Ships Landing EVER again for ANYTHING! ROFL They were here by 9:15 a.m. and didn't leave until 2:15 this afternoon. I really really felt bad about how long it took for them to get the door installed. Poor fella, he said he didn't even know they made them that you had to actually BUILD the door before you could hang it. But they did get it up....and they did an absolutely wonderful job of it!! I will forever be indebted and grateful to Dennis and Eddie.

5 comments:

Libby said...

Woo Hoo! Enjoy!

Beth said...

I felt the same way when I finally got a screen door on our back door! My DH knows when it is COOL outside...I have the door open! I'm also waiting 'impatiently' to have my CHRISTMAS present garage organizer installed.. The clock is ticking on me calling a handyman!

sMC said...

it looks good, but what is a storm door please, Oh and send some of your hot weather and rain please. hugs sheila

Elaine Adair said...

A pretty door! and a nice welcoming door - I especially like your reflection! 8-)

meggie said...

I don't really know what a storm door is either? Is it extra strong, or is it a screen door?
It was nice of the men to instal it properly, at least!