Sunday, August 10, 2008

Working for a Living

well, maybe not for a living, but for the first time in about 6 years, I spent the better part of last week in an office. Man, am I out of the habit or what!! Just filled in so they could go on a vacation, and all I had to do was show up, answer the phones, tell everyone who called or popped in to call/come back next week, and get caught up on my blog-reading. ;) Totally exhausted me! :D Seriously tho, it was good for me to brush up my rusty telephone skills and just having to roll out of the bed and be somewhere at a certain time. On Friday, my DH sent me flowers! Wasn't that the sweetest thing! I do love getting flowers and it's been a long time. I told him I may just have to go back to work in order to receive flowers more often. ;) The weather has been beautiful the last couple of days!! In the mid and upper 80s, low humidity...just gorgeous...with just a hint, in the mornings, of Fall which is just around the corner. On Friday, I did so wish I had taken my camera with me to work. The sky was breathtaking! The clouds were flung in artistic style against the most vivid blue sky. It was really one of those rare 'blue and green' days. Soooo vivid and beautiful! I have really let the weeds take over my flowerbeds while we were in the midst of those high-humidity-90-deg.-heat days. If this coolness holds, and we were to get a shower or two (which are NOT in the forecast), I really have to move my carcass out there and do some weeding. I know there are some blooms out there SOMEWHERE---I just can't see them for the forest, ummm, weeds! :) I have been knitting. Have made some washcloths, have two shawls in the works, and another shawl that I want to start. I also started a shoulder bag in wool for felting yesterday. I really was a slug yesterday...so many chores waiting for me, and I had absolutely no energy to deal with any of them. Maybe today, right? :) Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments about Barbara. The world is a different place now for us Graham girls. For 52 years there were the '6 Graham girls'---now there are only 5 of us on this plane. I can't begrudge Barbara leaving us first, tho....she had a rough life, and I do so hope that she is happy, and free, and one of those butterflies flitting, floating, from flower to flower. We love you, Barbara, our dear 'seester'!

10 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Good to see you back again. Your exhaustion is probably also due to grief and sadness - it takes a toll in ways that sneak up on you, but your photos explain living as well as we can do it.

I've been thinking of you.

Quilting Kim said...

Hey, girlfriend - glad to see that you are back and keeping busy.

The flowers from Hubby are just beautiful - what a lucky girl.

Aren't making those washcloths addicting? I had joined a Yahoo Group for making a mystery dishcloth each month and it was so much fun to see the design emerge.

I saw a firefly flitting around the gravesite at my Mom's funeral and everytime I see one, I think of her.

Dorothy said...

Good to see you back, Angie.
The photos are wonderful!

Libby said...

Wow - having to get up and be somewhere on a schedule for a whole week . . . more than I can bear to think about *s* So sweet that Hubby sent you flowers - he's a keeper for sure!

julieQ said...

I am glad you had a good week at work, and the flowers were an added bonus! I am so sorry for your loss, and pray for peace for you.

Marcie said...

Angie, so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope you are doing OK. You really have an eye for beauty in the world with your wonderful photos. Did you know that to the Native Americans the butterfly is a symbol of eternal life? Quite fitting that you should mention butterflies. Hugs from me!

Granny Lyn said...

Busy is good,,,time is your best friend right now.

Just know that we all missed you and we're glad you're back!

meggie said...

Loss is hard to take, but there is the joy in memories of the priveledge of having had the person in our lives.
Hugsxx

Mary said...

Angie,

I'm so sorry to read about your sister.

Hugs,
Mary

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛