Friday, September 19, 2008

Update on Badger

Red Collar is Dewey Blue Collar is Badger
Our vet called this afternoon to let me know that she had the results of the urine tests back. Badger also has E.Coli bacteria in his kidneys. She also said that another cause of the instability in his back and head could possibly be mini-strokes. I asked her if she would just shoot us all and be done with it. My poor little fella really has a fight on his hands. This is the same infection that we almost lost Dewey to in March. I'm giving him so many meds now that I hold my breath each time expecting him to start vomiting them up. So, here at Ships Landing, it truly is 'one day at a time'.

7 comments:

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

I am saying my prayers for Badger and everyone in the family!!

Gina said...

I'll be thinking of all of you. It's hard seeing our pets in any form of distress.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

meggie said...

Angie, I am thinking of you every day, & sending healthy vibes for Badger. Hugsxx

Libby said...

Good to know that you have a positive diagnosis and all the meds to wage the fight. Harper and I will be keeping you in our thoughts.

Mary said...

Oh, Gosh. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery. Keep lovin' him and hang in there, Angie.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

Sending lots of warm healthful thoughts to your little fella there... Kota says SLURP thats a big old Boxer Boy kiss sure to fix everything right up! He says just wipe off the excess slobbers they come with Boxer Kisses LOL..

Cheryl said...

So sorry. All good thoughts heading your way. Hang in there.