Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Happy October 1st!

Can anyone tell me what this little fella is?
Sweet little Bluebird
Look at this beauty---and was she/he loud!
Going, going gone
Look how the foliage is turning
Wow, can you believe that the Summer has passed so quickly? I blinked and went from Spring almost straight into Fall! And what a gorgeous first day of October it is here!! The sun is shining, but the wind is howling around the windows, and it is only 62 deg. (at 1:27 p.m.)! We have gotten in four loads of firewood, stacked and drying, and not a moment too soon. :) I have a big pot of veggie beef soup simmering on the stove for dinner tonight, and the 'boys' are lying here at my feet. In spite of the emotional turmoil of the last couple of weeks over Badger, at this very moment, I'm reveling in a sense of peace and well-being that I've been sorely lacking for quite a while now. I'll take it as I can get it. :) Badger is still not doing very well. For the last several days, he has been so lethargic that he's almost like a dog that I don't know. He had a return visit to the vet this morning. She's sending a urine culture out to another lab to see if the E. Coli infection is clearing up. She also mentioned that his spleen felt a bit large. I have no idea what that means, and for the moment, I didn't ask. I should have the results of the urine test sometime tomorrow, and then we'll see where we go from there. The vet did say that the antibiotic and the prednisone can make them extremely lethargic. Let's just hope that that is what's causing it. I've been so caught up in my Precious Pup's ill health that I haven't even gotten my Fall decorations out yet. I better get on the stick or it will be time for the Santas, and I can just forget about pumpkins and spooks and goblins. :)

4 comments:

Libby said...

Oh I wish fall would come to stay in my town too. I think that first picture is a . . . bird *s*

Elaine Adair said...

Not much of a comment - just glad to 'see' you. 8-)

meggie said...

Lovely to 'see' you. Still sending healing vibes for Badger.xx

Mary said...

Prednisone does have a weird affect on dogs - Bella had a prednisone summer...lacking spunk. I wish your Pup a nice recovery. And good news for you from the vet!

Looks like a Great Crested Flycatcher. Awesome!

Thanks for your kind comment, Angie. I wish I had more time to read and respond to everyone...

Mary