Monday, January 19, 2009

A Blanket of Goldfinches and Pine Siskins

It snowed---just enough to get me excited that it MIGHT snow. :) But oh my it was sooo pretty coming down, whiting out everything. I have NEVER seen so many goldfinches AND pine siskins (?) in one place!! They literally were a covering on the feeders and ground. I keep watching -- and waiting -- for those colorful birds of Winter to come visit me. I even put out a pan of apples and grapes---but I haven't seen even one new (Cardinal? Blue Jay? Junco? Chickadee?) feathered friend check it out. :( Ah, but I will keep trying, waiting, hoping, and maybe, just maybe one of these days.... The double-decker feeder with roof is a new one that my brother-in-law, Fred, made me for. Isn't it AWESOME!!! He also picked up some threaded pipe and flanges for me so I can mount a couple of others that I have sitting around waiting to be put into use. :) AND, I ordered some holly bushes that came last week. I am so excited I can hardly wait for the ground to thaw enough for me to plant them. Of course they came on the day of the COLDEST morning of the year. LOL

8 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

There are supposed to be flurries here tomorrow. That's exciting! I have flocks and flocks at my feeders right now, too. Happy New Year, Angie!

Tabor said...

The cold weather brought new birds to our area as well as more of the same. I haven't seen any real snow and I am not sure whether to be happy about that or not.

Vicki W said...

That double decker feeder is awesome! I want one!

McIrish Annie said...

Plant your holly near your feeders. The birdies like a place to hide in case of predators like putty cats. and lots of birdies love the berries from the holly!

Mary said...

Angie, we had a dusting on Tuesday, one day behind you. I also have loads of Goldfinches and Siskins. I can't afford to feed them!

meggie said...

You reminded me that we used to have Goldfinches in New Zealand. I wonder if there are any left now? the wretched Indian Mynah birds have frightened away all the natives here, & they are nasty screeching things.

Mary said...

How's Badger?

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛