Saturday, March 07, 2009

Foggy Morning

The fog is thick as pea soup this morning. Yesterday we had a high of 64; today is supposed to be 76!! I am soooo ready for warm, sunny days. I feel like this has been one of the longest, darkest, coldest winters that I've had in many years. Dewey and I are wandering around, lost in our own personal fog of grief and longing, wondering where we go from here. I have this huge hole in my heart, and I feel like a bright light has gone out of my life. I am relieved that my Badger isn't suffering any more, and I smile when I 'see' him running with his little back and legs whole, his ears flying in the breeze, chasing those bugs. I am grateful that he isn't in pain any more. We will heal, and life goes on, but for now I dwell in a cold, dark place-- wondering where I was at as 12 years seemingly few by. Wondering how we capture and hold on to those precious moments in time, how to be more conscious of each moment...

8 comments:

Tazzie said...

Sending big hugs your way Angie. I'm sure Badger is watching over you, and happy not to be in pain any more.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Finn said...

I'm so very, very sorry to hear of Badger's passing. I know the feeling of grief all to well. 5 years now since I watched my golden boy pass over that Rainbow Bridge, still hurts.
Sending love and lots of hugs sweetie, Finn

Libby said...

I wish I knew something magical to take away the sadness . . . . but I can send a *hug*

Katie said...

Grief is so hard to travel through. Know you have friends sending big hugs. Have you thought about making a memory book?

Q said...

Dear Angie,
It is because you love so deeply that it hurts....these precious friends spent their lives with us, loving us and we them. When they pass we miss them. We honor them with our tears.
I too have tears.
Thank you for adding love to our world.
Hugs,
Sherry

meggie said...

Hugs Angie. Always remember the joy & love Badger brought into your life.xx

Mary said...

Angie, I'm late as usual to send you a big hug. I remember hearing my Cocker's collar jingle for weeks after she passed on... Badger will always be with you but I understand that tight knot you might still have in your throat every day.

Mary

Donna said...

Hi Angie,
My heart goes out to you. I am so so sorry. I know you have wonderful, loving memories of Badger and he will always remain in your heart. I wish I could make it better.

Hugs to you and Dewey.
Donna