Monday, May 11, 2009

Columbine Lady, do you have any worms for me? I'm just a baby Bluebird and need some help here. I finally got a not-very-good picture of the Mockingbird eating raisins. He has a raisin in his beak. :) I've been trying to catch him forever. :) Mock Orange is starting to bloom--love the shadows Thanks to Tabor, who pointed me in the direction of Orioles, I've concluded that I had a pair of Baltimore Orioles. This is the male. Female Baltimore Oriole--This is a first for me. I've never seen them in my yard before. :) I had it wrong about the Orioles. I MEANT to say I had concluded that they are ORCHARD ORIOLES.

13 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I've never seen Orioles here before, either. Yours are great, Angie! Love your nature shots...

Vicki W said...

Those are terrific photos!

Tabor said...

Your yard is rich with birds! Our Indigo bunting returned this week and if I can get a good photo, I will post that on my other blog

Elaine Adair said...

I always enjoy your bird photos. 8-)))

julieQ said...

Thank you for sharing these great pics!

Carol said...

OMG you have the very best birds! Thank you for sharing.

Q said...

I am so excited for you!
I also have Orioles in the backyard. Mine just love oranges and grape jelly. The Orchard Orioles are very lovely too. I have one male that comes in for a quick bite.
I enjoyed seeing your birds.
sherry

KC Quilter said...

Absolutely GREAT birdie shots! Really enjoyed them.

Q said...

You asked me about the camera I use...I shoot with a Nikon D300 with a 200-5500 zoom lens.
I also use a macro lens for the bugs and super close ups...
Sherry

Donna Longenecker said...

What lovely birds and blooms, Angie.

Enjoy your day!
Hugs,
Donna

meggie said...

Your bird pics are amazing! I love them. I was approached by a sweet little bird I have never seen before, & as I spoke to it, it came closer & closer. Unfortunately I had no camera to hand, & Leo saw the bird nearing me, & he came bounding up to 'share'. Bye Bye Birdie! I hope it returns.

Phoenix said...

Very lovely, very cute!! :)

Vickie said...

Hi Angie! Love your garden and your wonderful bluebirds and orioles. I have yet to see my first oriole of any type!