Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Raindrops

My Columbine are starting to bloom and they are just gorgeous I just planted this Maple day before yesterday. :) It was a volunteer in my flowerbed that I potted, oh, maybe two years ? ago--the roots had grown through the pot to China. :) Goodies from the little independent local nursery. Mr. Tolbert must be in his late 70's and he is just delightful. He's going to sell his greenhouse business because none of his kids or grandkids are interested in carrying it on. It's his passion but he can't handle much of it alone any more. Isn't that sad? Columbine Raindrops on Shamrocks I think the monsoon season has descended upon us. It has rained, lots, for days, and more is forecast for the next four days. The flowers and greenery are just lush from the rain. I putter around with raindrops pattering on my head. The Goldfinches, Bluebirds, Swallows and Sparrows don't mind the rain; why should I? :) I just can't seem to make myself stay inside right now--even with a flu bug. :( The hinges on my storm door have gone into screech mode because I've been running back and forth so much. :)

6 comments:

Libby said...

Wish some of that rain could pass our way . . . . we are now into mandatory water conservation. That doesn't mean too much to us as we already follow all those rules. Still a few well placed rain storms would really help *s*

Tabor said...

Like you we are getting days and days of rain and cannot mow the lawn when needed. But we have been in drought so this is a good thing.

Nan and =^..^= said...

Your columbines are so beautiful...Isn't there something soothing about a rainy day and it makes the colors in the garden look so rich. Just started raining here today and we very much needed it. Been glued to the window watching the birds...the yellow in the goldfinches and the daffodils are so similar and they both seem to glow today as the rain falls.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love this rain-drenched post, Happy Spring!

Q said...

I do understand how even in the rain I must be outside. I love puddle jumping!
Lovely columbine.
Sherry

Donna Longenecker said...

Your columbine are so pretty and I love the raindrops on the shamrocks. Everything is so green after the rain, and I love the fresh smell.

Enjoy your puttering in the rain!

Hugs,
Donna

Hugs,
Donna