Saturday, May 09, 2009

This Momma Bluebird was so cute---she had so much nest material in her mouth she couldn't get in the 'door' :) Can anyone identify this bird for me? The photo is not very good although I had full zoom on my camera. It was just a tad too far away from me. This is for Nita--this is the cooking sage blooming out, and the blooms last quite a while This litte Sparrow just siiinnngs all day. The CUTEST little thing! Click on photos to enlarge I saw my first Summer Tanager today. Oh my goodness, he was so BEAUTIFUL he took my breath away! And as luck would have it, it had started to rain, and I had just brought my camera inside. I wasn't quick enough bringing it back out, and he left before I got a picture of him. Do you think he'll come back? :)

6 comments:

Tabor said...

This looks a little like the hooded oriole in my bird book...but this is a western species and not common in your area...so I don't know.

Tabor said...

Really have to smile at some of these pictures...especially the one of the bird singing his heart out!

meggie said...

That little bird sining hid heart out is so cute! Hope you get a shot of the Summer Tanager.

Tabor said...

Angie the other flower is a Pope Paul Clematis. Hanging back and just being there if needed is a good approach!

MARCIE said...

Angie, I always love your bird pictures! Hope you are doing great!

Donna Longenecker said...

Beautiful bird pictures. I'm sure the Tanager will be back.

Hugs,
Donna