Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bayley

My precious Bayley is at Univ. of TN Vet School this a.m. and is scheduled for surgery on his little left front leg at 9:00 a.m. It seems his little elbow socket has problems. They called at Noon today to let me know that Bayley had come through the surgery really great, and that he was just coming out from under the anesthesia. It was a bit more extensive than they had initially thought it would be. They actually ended up having to remove a piece from the ulnar bone. The dr. said that the elbow moves much more freely now, and that he should feel so much better after he recovers from the surgery. He will probably get to come home on Thursday (day after tomorrow), depending on his pain levels. December 16, 2009---Bayley is in a lot of pain this a.m. so he will probably not come home until at least tomorrow. He's having trouble bearing any weight on that leg...and hasn't learned yet how to walk without using it at least some. My poor little fella, I just hate that he has to go through this, but hopefully he will be MUCH better for it in the long run.

5 comments:

Tabor said...

We all get our socket problems now and then. Hope he comes out chipper.

Carol said...

Oh Angie, poor baby...Sending lots of good thoughts that he's home with you really soon...and good as new.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Hugs for Bayley, poor puppy. Hannes and I wish him well, best wishes for a speedy recovery! (Hannes also highly recommends that Santa toy, he has one too!!)

Meggie said...

I so hope Bayley is feeling really well. I was soooo tempted to buy a little Gingernut Daschy today, at a pet shop. We have been warned not to buy them, as they are no always well. I could weep when I watch the little guys & girls moping in the cages. I Know in My Sane mind, that 2 dogs are enough, but my Heart says NO!!
Love to you all for the Yule time Festival.xxx

Mary said...

Poor Bayley! I'm a little scared to read about elbow problems -- Chesty's had surgery on both of his knees and I thought we'd run out of limbs that might need surgery, I hadn't read of dogs needing elbow surgery.

Wishing you both an uneventful recovery!