Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fun-Filled Sister Visit and Gathering Lavendar

Sug came to play with me yesterday afternoon, and as is ALWAYS the case with the two of us, there was far too much to share with each other than there was time in the afternoon to get it all said, done, shown, etc. :) Of course, we had to nibble something, right? So I , quick, called her and asked her to pick up some biscuits to bake because, you see, I just happened to have........TaDa......some fresh, right-off-of-the-plant, homegrown---yes, I said HOMEGROWN!!--tomatoes, and wouldn't they be DELICIOUS on biscuits????? YESSSS! And she brought me a couple of really awesome surprises---fresh black raspberries, right off of HER vines, that she and my BBIL had picked JUST FOR ME :D---oh my goodness, they are SCRUMPTIOUS! It really was all quite delicious and delightful! Then, in the 90+ heat and humidity, I had to give her a quick 'gorilla garden' tour. Yeah, I know, my pictures that I post here make it look like I have Southern Living gardens, but I don't. That's the beauty of these modern day cameras---you can just show what you want to. ;) Then I HAD to take her for her first ride on my 'haulin ass Nellie' clubcar! We picked fresh RED raspberries right off of the vines growing along the roadside on our journey :), and made another road-side discovery! Well, who knew that Coral Bell flowers grew wild...in rock cliffs???? Well, we do now! And of course we had to 'borrow' a couple to see if we can get them to grow at our houses. Seriously, did you guys know that Coral Bells grow in really big rocks-- cliffs---wild---? Back to the surprises she brought me; she also brought me my 'Christmas past' gift which is the most BEAUTIFUL coffee cup!!! It is the most perfect cup!!! I adore it!! As you can see from the picture above, I'm having my coffee in it this a.m. As a matter of fact, as soon as I opened it yesterday, I washed it and poured me a cup of coffee. Perfect!! Thank you bunches, Sug! I truly do love it!! :) Is it not just GORGEOUS??? AND she also shared some of the plants/trees that our sister, Flan, had potted up for her. Aren't sisters just the best buddies???? :D This morning was such a relief and delight from the tropical humid mornings that we have had here in Northeast Tennessee this last week that I decided to let the pups run where they wanted while I harvested some Lavendar. My Lavendar plants have just exploded this Spring. I'm hoping to make some little Lavendar sachets --- soon? Well, anyway, sometime in the near (hopefully :D) future. Had to post a couple of photos, also, to prove that I really truly have been doing some needle-and-thread hand work. :) (I'm thinking I need to take some of the yellow centers off of the round flowers.)

9 comments:

MARCIE said...

another beautiful day at Ship's Landing! Your nature photos are so amazing! Your sewing project looks darling! Love that! And I love your new buggy! What fun!
Wishing you well, Angie dear!

Donna said...

Sounds like you're having too much fun! Fresh tomatoes and biscuits and fresh raspberries, yum!

Hugs,
Donna

Sug said...

Sister, I couldn't have said it better..it was a fun-filled visit. Must do it more often:)

Love, Sug

Meggie said...

I guess your 'biscuits' must be different to ours! When we say biscuits, it means sweet concoctions, you would call cookies.
Love your photos, & the love Lavender!
And seeing your babies in the grass!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Thanks for stopping by! I read a few of your posts and saw your doxies! I have a pair, too! Oscar and Emmy. I love their personalities!! We have three others in our campground with some seasonal campers. Emmy likes to meet new friends, Oscar is a terror, though. Little man syndrome, I suppose. Beautiful gardens, by the way.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

That looks like a full, fun day. Look at that pretty lavender! I love your stitching work, too! I'm in awe of people who can sew. I can't sew a straight line.

Hannah said...

It dawned on me, once again, after reading this entry that it's really the simple things that make you and me (and several others, I suppose) happy, and I do mean happy...dogs, lavendar, new coffee cups, thread, yarn, God's creation, and friends/family to share them with. Indeed, how blessed we are!

Tabor said...

I have only one lavendar plant,,,but methinks I could divide it if I was careful this fall. What do you think?

julieQ said...

Sounds like such a wonderful day! I love fresh grown produce...yum! Your lavender is gorgeous.