Sunday, December 05, 2010

Oh My, The Birds







I have so many birds on this cold, snowy, windy December day, that I've been out twice already to refill the feeders and thaw the birdbath.  I've had 10 Bluebirds at one time out here...and the finches (several varieties) are in the bazillions :D, not to mention the Doves and sweet Tree Sparrows, along with the Wrens (I finally saw my sweet Carolina Wren nabbing some Zick Dough and swooping away with it).  I have totally exhausted my camera battery and IT'S ONLY 10:30 A.M.  Had to toss that puppy on recharge (hurry, please!) cause the little birds are still feeding in droves---I'm missing those 'Kodak' moments while I wait for the battery to charge!  *g*  I have my first Junco (Snow Bird :D) this morning too!  I didn't see but an occasional Junco last year, and not nearly this early in the season.

It thrills me, it warms my heart and soul, to have all of these little creatures filling my skinny 'sticks' and bushes.  :D  I would love to have a BIG (or a BUNCH of BIG) tree in my yard, but my seedlings and sticks and 'shared' shrubs are growing.  One must learn to be patient, right, for all of the good things.  :) 

The pups have had a ball running in and out.  I got some pictures (of COURSE she did *g*) of them with snowflakes on their backs.  I'll post those pictures later.  For now, I have to get a fresh cup of coffee, put another log on the fire, and check to see if my camera battery is recharged enough for a few more pictures.  :D

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

I could watch the birds all day! Your photos are fabulous too!

Donna said...

Beautiful pictures of the birds, Angie. You have so many....the bluebirds are a favorite of mine.

We had snow yesterday too. Otis and Riley decided to stay by the fire than go outside.

Enjoy your day!
Donna

Tabor said...

No snow but the temp hit 41 and the bluebird decided to drop in and take a bath in the birdbath!!

carolina said...

I guess the birds had to come to your house while I was away @ Festivelo:):) Refilled the feeders and bath as soon as I returned today. Actually, I am so envious of the many bluebirds you have. My few enjoy the Zickdough and check out the houses but they don't stay put long enough for photos. Keep it up..you must be doing something right.

Sug

Julie Fukuda said...

Thanks!
I bought a second battery so one is always charged and ready to go ... If I remember it...

Jayne said...

Hey Angie!

Thanks for your comments and for stopping by my Journey Through Grace. Love seeing all your backyard visitors (check out the one I got yesterday!) and love that there is someone else out there going through batteries... lol! BTW, I am in Northwest GA, just south of Chattanooga.

Carol said...

Angie your pictures are always just amazing...those bluebirds are gorgeous.

Mary said...

Wow...I envy you the bluebirds. I seldom see one even though I put up a nest box last year. I strongly recommend a second camera battery so you always have one charged :-) I have three! My smart husband gave them to me with the camera. I keep one in the camera, one in my pocket if I'm out, and one on the charger. Such lovely winter birds and they are all so hungry! I've have a huge "herd" of House Sparrows this year that I wish would go away...they eat everything. I can barely keep up.

em's scrapbag said...

Enjoy your day of bird watching.

Carolyn (Harbor Hon) said...

Hi Angie,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Yes, I am one of those who still makes fudge the old fashioned way. According to my Sister, is there any other? :) Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.