Monday, January 17, 2011

Cabin Fever, A Neighbor's Horse...




The Robins were here in scores yesterday.  January IS half over.  Does this mean that Spring is  just around the corner, and those icicles are trying to deceive me?  I must admit that I'm ready to put out the fires, round up all the dust, throw open the windows, and actually hear the birds as well as see them through the windows.  :)  Someone please tell me it won't be long now. 

This has been a cold couple of months, and I have enjoyed snuggling by the fire, cleaning off buckets of snow from Bayley's little short legs, taking tons of bird photos through the windows; but yesterday was so NICE and WARM, and I took the pups on a romp up through the field to the woods, now I'm longing for DAYS of warmth and sunshine, feeling the breeze on my face.  It IS time to think about sticking seeds into cups of dirt.  Maybe I should clear off this table and set up a mini-greenhouse again.  I don't get much light in my house, but that never deters me from TRYING to get vegie seeds started at this time of year.  And there so much crap in this house that what's a bit more, right?  :)  I'm longing for some dirt therapy....maybe that's what I will do today---bring out the vegie and flowers seeds, round up some potting soil and cups...AFTER I call the Subaru dealership and see if they have a Camilla Rose Red Forester on their lot...and any deals they would like to offer me.  :D

7 comments:

julieQ said...

I love plants in the house too...and long for the spring!! Hope we have some warm days coming!!

Donna said...

Spring will be here soon, Angie, hang in there. It's always fun to get the seed catalogs out and get something started.

Yesterday Otis and Riley and I went for a walk, it was beautiful and sunny and we saw a ton of robins! Yes, spring is just around the corner!

Hugs,
Donna

Vagabonde said...

Your cardinals and sparrows in the snow looked like those in our backyard. The snow is finally melting, but we still have some because we have so many tall pines trees all around us. I am so sorry about the Subaru but it is good that the driver was not hurt. Thank you for coming to my blog and leaving a comment, and some good info on the birds.

Julie Fukuda said...

It is so cold here and February is always colder. Japanese houses are not well insulated. But I see the buds swelling on the plum and the early camellia are full of flowers so.... This is my time for making cuttings. Gotta have my dirt fix!

Jayne said...

Oh heck Angie... you know, in this part of the country, come March, those bulbs will start to stick their little heads above ground. Oh, the anticipation!! I love it!

Beth said...

We have robins bobbin' about our yard, too, and I'm so happy to see them. Spring will be here before we know it---after all, it's almost time for crocuses, right? I was so sorry to read of your husband's accident, but so thankful to hear that he's okay. Driving on snow and ice is always terrifying for me, especially in these mountains. I've had about enough of it this year, and I'm sure you have, too!

Elaine Adair said...

You recently were commenting that you didn't keep busy enough or something like that. Seeing those lovely photos indicated you enjoy your natural surroundings - that's a rare occurrence these days. Keep it up and keep up the nature photos. I enjoy them very much.