Thursday, January 13, 2011

Monday 1-10-11 News at Ships Landing




Randy is okay, just badly bruised and shaken up.  I wasn't with him.  He had gone to the pharmacy to pick up medicine for me.  If you know our road, you know that it goes much further up the hill and is much steeper the higher you go.  On Monday, it was totally covered by the time he was headed back home, not only with snow, but with ice as well.  He had a loooooong slide down the road and ended up where you see the car in the first photos.  :/  We've been catching our breath, and counting our blessings.  Now we have to try to figure out how to get it out of there without causing more damage to the car. 

12 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Angie...thank goodness Randy was OK...that just looks terrible. How scary!

orchidlover said...

I'm so glad that Randy was ok. I'd leave the car there and get some experts in to shift it for you

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Yolanda said...

I am so glad he is okay. Stay safe.

Tazzie said...

Oh my goodness Angie! That looks so scary, I'm so glad Randy is okay.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Vicki W said...

Oh wow, glad he's OK!

Jayne said...

Mercies, but that strikes such fear in me. Last year, I was leaving work when the temps dropped 10 degrees in an hour, snow was blowing, ice was forming, and it took me two hours to travel the 18 miles home. Ever since then, I am slightly paralyzed at the mere thought of getting out in ANY ice. So glad he's OK. Seriously, my stomach is lurching just seeing these photos.

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh....thank goodness he wasn't hurt! Ice is the worst, and on that huge hill...impossible!

Elaine Adair said...

Oh gosh, Angie - I'm so sorry, but happy to hear DH is in one piece. You might be car-shopping when the ice clears.

Bird watching? You ARE getting things done - you are appreciating nature and probably lowering your blood pressure. 8-)

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, this is a shake up! Hope your vehicle has been towed to the repair shop by now and soon will be back in the garage. This has been a challenging winter for many. Hang in there! :)

julieQ said...

Angie, I am so sorry for this accident...and so thankful that your dear husband is OK. Many hugs!!

Beth said...

OMgoodness Angie! I really need to read blogs DAILY! SO glad that Randy is ok...vehicles are replaceable! {{{warm hugs from AZ}}}

Carrie P. said...

glad your husband was okay. That road looks like our 400' driveway.
Love all your nature photos.