Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Chaos --- Just Northeast of Us


I watched in facination as the snow fell in thick sheets of white on Washington, DC last night, dreading the chaos that would ensue from such a beautiful sight.  How can something so beautiful be so deadly.   By the time I went to bed, power was out in lots of places, cars were being abandoned, airports were closed, and trees were  being brought down by the weight of the snow.  Even Jim Cantore said he had never seen anything like the quality of this snow in that area---the sheer weight of it left one in total amazement.  I always worry about the people and animals when the power goes out in the dead of Winter.  Troy, I hope you are layered up and have your new Timberlands on.  :)

7 comments:

Jayne said...

I am so, so glad it skirted us this time. I just don't see me EVER living anyplace where that much snow is common. Brrrrr....

Tabor said...

We were so close...but thankfully all we got as a crusting of snow!

Kim said...

I'm dreaming of green grass and the sound of leaves blowing in the summer wind...it's just far too white here in Minnesota. Looks like unusual weather is going to become the norm. Oh boy. :-D

Rowan said...

The US seems to have had a lot more snow this winter than it has for quite a few years. Same this side of the Atlantic but we do have little signs of spring appearing here and there which is encouraging.

crafty cat corner said...

Hi, thanks for taking a look at my blog, such a nice comment. It helps that I like lots of gold and glitter I suppose. Hope you drop by again some time to see the finished one that I am working on at the moment. This one is in memory of my old cat Fred, I have already made one for my beloved Kitty, I thought it was a nice way to remember them.
Love your birds.
Briony in the u.k.

julieQ said...

Oh, wow...lots of snow!! And seems like the Northeast is getting a second blast!!! It is 70 degrees here!!

Meggie said...

Angie, your babies are just so adorable!! Hug them for me XX.