Monday, February 28, 2011

A Wonderful Birthday Surprise

Kaleb, nephew Kasey, seester Carolina and BBILFreddie at my birthday party on Saturday, February 26, 2011 at Sug's house

 Sug made my most favorite, in the whole wide world, Whacky Chocolate Cake for my birthday, and I decided to go to her house for the day.  Imagine our surprise, and delight, when our nephew, Kasey, called that he and a buddy (Kaleb) were in a neighboring city for a concert (the night before) and would like to come by for a visit.  We had the most wonderful time hanging out with Kasey and Kaleb, eating tuna salad sandwiches, teaching them how to eat grapefruit like an orange LOL, wolfing down my deeeelicious birthday cake, kicking truck tires (and I love to punch buttons and pull knobs in other people's vehicles :D), and capping it all off with pizza before the boys and I hit the road on separate journeys home.  A huge thank you, Sug and Freddie, AND Kasey and Kaleb, for making my birthday such a wonderful, special 55th birthday!!           I have no idea why this post ended up spaced so wonky----but, oh well......    :)
Kaleb, Kasey, Freddie and moi

9 comments:

julieQ said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday!! 25 years old...how wonderful...Hee!!

Donna said...

Happy Birthday, Angie!! Sound like you had a wonderful time.

Hugs,
Donna

carolina said...

You're welcome and we had as much fun and (surprise) as you:):) The boys were a delight. Next time they come we'll all cast our lines in the lake:):)

Julie Fukuda said...

Any excuse for cake! It is almost worth getting older.

Lorraine said...

Happy Birthday! Nice to have someone bake a cake for you on your special day...sounds like you had a wonderful time with family and friends.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
You have a very nice blog, I enjoyed stopping by!

Doreen

Q said...

Happy Happy Birthday....
Punching buttons and pulling knobs sounds like a very fun birthday activity. Cake is always appropriate food. I always think it is someone's birthday and I am celebrating with them from afar!
Sherry

kerrdelune said...

A belated happy birthday to you, and the cake sounds fabulous!

Meggie said...

Belated Happy Birthday. Our son's b'day is 27th.