Saturday, July 23, 2011

What's Going On








I made this little pillow out of a couple of blocks that have been hanging around here forever.  It makes me smile every time I glance at it and see the red button in the center.  :)
The hummingbirds have been giving me a run for my money when it comes to keeping the feeders full for them.  We've had  multitudes of them this year.  I love watching their antics.
I captured this Egret at just the right moment for his reflection to be almost perfect in the water.  These are the kinds of photos that I'm always trying to 'capture'; somehow the photo is never quite as beautiful as the actual moment was.
The Black-eyed Susans and sunflowers have been such bright spots in my days.  Such common, humble flowers but I love them!  We've had a new visitor in the yard this Summer...a red fox squirrel.  He is cute as a button.  He zips into the sunflowers, quick as a blink he's up the stalk, nabs a sunflower head, and rushes away with his treasure.  :D  I know to a lot of people they are pests, but I think he is simply charming!  :D
And last but by far not the least, I have been crocheting a tee shirt rag rug.  Randy only wears white tee shirts---he has a mustache---need I say more?  :)  He's lucky if he gets a month's wear out of a new one before he drips coffee or chocolate on it.  I can't get the stains out, and as I was gathering up a pile of them to stick in the 'rag bag' for the garage, I decided to just make a rug out of them.  I love doing these rugs, and haven't made one in a long time.  I love it!  I have no idea how big it will be.  I'm just stripping tee shirts and crocheting.  Really relaxing and almost zen-like.  I have a LOT of dingy, white tee shirts.  :D

8 comments:

Tabor said...

I get one hummer that breezes in an stays such a short time. I think they have gone far north to the cooler weather. I love your feeder shot!

Mrs.P said...

I wanna do one of thoes rugs...You must teach me!!! Flea Market this year?

Terry said...

I have never seen that many hummers in one place, I have only a couple here. Did you ever try using oxy clean stain remover in the blue spray bottle? I have a husband that slops on every shirt he wears -grrrr- it works really well.

Carol said...

OMG look at all those hummers! As always your pictures are amazing. I'm in the market for a new camera...any suggestions?

Julie Fukuda said...

Love the pictures and your use of old t-shirts. I grew up in a place where wild animals were a common and daily experience. I miss them in this city with nothing but crows!

Meggie said...

I love that cushion too! So cute. All your pics are lovely, as usual.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your rug is the ultimate GREEN project, lemons to lemonade!!

Your hummer feeding station is amazing... so that's where all the hummers are hanging out... I wondered!

Stay cool~

Darcie said...

I LOVE that you're still crocheting!!! These t-shirt cushions are awesome. I may have to do a few of those myself. And your variegated woolen ones are lovely, too! Hurray! ;]