Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rain--Glorious Rain

It's raining here at Ships Landing this morning.  We even had a thunderstorm and a short gully-washer of a downpour.  I reveled in the sounds, while Marlee shivered and quaked at my feet.  Poor little girl is so  dreadfully afraid of storms---wind and rain send her running for cover, while Bayley and I want to head out into it, well, at least onto the porch.  We haven't had hardly a thimble-ful of rain in so long, months, so I'm doing a happy dance that my plants and trees are finally  getting a decent drink.

I've lit some candles, have a fresh cup of coffee in hand, and my mind is darting around amongst so many ideas of what to do with this day, stretched before me like a blank canvas, that I find myself caught up in fighting the mental battle of doing some of what 'needs' to be done--sorting through piles of paper on the island, moving stacks from one spot to another, carrying out boxes that have been left setting by the door, clearing clutter from the kitchen counters, etc, YUK!   :(, OR JUST CLIMBING OVER THE PILES AND going on into my sewing room to play with snips and pieces of fabrics in Autumn's magnificent colors, wiling away the hours trying to make pumpkin-shaped coasters, and Halloween coasters using hexagon shapes, and Bayley and Marlee really need a little quilt each for the cold weather that's already hinting that it will soon be visiting for an extended stay.   





6 comments:

Sunray Gardens said...

Some really pretty photo shots there. Your dogs are adorable.
Cher Sunray Gardens

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Beautiful pictures and love your playful dogs getting into mischief together! :)

Carolyn

ann said...

Beautiful scenes. I came visiting by way of Meggie's blog.

Tabor said...

What a beautiful fall you are having!!

Carol said...

Glad that rain I sent your way this weekend finally made it there...LOL!
Gorgeous fall pictures!

Donna said...

So happy you finally got some much needed rain. I'm sure your plants are happy.

Quilts for the furbabies....now that's a good idea!

Enjoy your weekend, Angie!
Hugs,
Donna