Monday, November 21, 2011

A Holiday State of Mind

It has been a day of rain and just enough chill to warrant a fire in the woodstove to hold the damp at bay and make our livingroom cozy.  I have not accomplished much at all.  I was so tired that I did not even roll out of the bed until 8:15 a.m., and I gave serious thought to staying snuggled in even longer, but I had some paperwork to attend to so Randy could go out at Noon to earn our bread, butter and doggie biscuits.  :)  

These photos are from last year---the date on my camera is set correctly :D


We are expecting no guests for Thanksgiving, so I'm going to thoroughly enjoy my whole week of 'holidaying' by doing whatever strikes my fancy.  No worries, no stress, I do have a turkey breast thawing in the fridge; I have no idea when I will be in the mood to stick him in the oven.  Maybe tomorrow :D.  We have been invited to share a meal with some neighbors on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, so I can be as lazy this week as I choose to be.  ;D

I have machine-stitched the binding on a doll quilt that I hope to get in the mail tomorrow.  I will share a picture of it after I have finished the hand-stitching.  Then I want to just curl up with a book that so totally engrosses me that I am swallowed up by it and spit out in another land and time.  It's been a long time since I've read a book that has captured and transported me.  I've traveled to so many distant lands and times in my lifetime and never left the comforts of my couch or bed.  :)  My most favorite mode of travel...

2 comments:

suz said...

Oh I love your photo on your header ..and I love that you have put a fire on...me too...it was chilly and raining today...I ran out to shop a bit....I'm not cooking this year...daughter Sarah is...!!!.....BUt when I got home I too wanted a fire...ah I guess that is one of the blessings of chilly autumn...a warm fire...blessings be
I wish I had a neighbor that invited me over for dinner..lucky you FOr all my life I have had to cook every holiday....loved it...but it was such a joy the first time someone set out a beautiful table for ME...my other daughter....the one with the Finn...psst she's expecting another one in June..blessings be
DId you say you made a doll blanket?
Oh I love your heart.....wish you lived next door to me.....we are kindred spirits
Enjoy your time off.....and Happy Thanksgiving

Mystic Meandering said...

What a lovely way to spend a holiday - according to your natural rhythms - resting, relaxing, etc. :) We still go to my mother's every year. My sister lives with her and is the primary cook, so there's not much for me to do, which is nice, but still - having the day to myself (without the family baggage) would be nice :) So that's what I'm doing today :) (The day after.)

Love the many pictures of your birds here, and your quilting. I'm not a quilter but I love them...