Saturday, December 10, 2011

Insulbrite question...


I've been working on cast iron skillet handle potholders that slip on the handle. I've made 3 now trying to get the dimensions to suit me and now I'm thinking I need two layers of insulbrite instead of one which was used in the pattern I went by. I tried one out last night on a pan of cornbread from a 450 deg. oven and I think it needs a tad more insulation. Would there be any reason NOT to have two layers of Insulbrite and one layer of cotton batting? Anyone know the answer to this? :D Happy Holiday Sewing

2 comments:

MARCIE said...

Hi Angie, seems two layers is a great idea! Cute little snowman!

Q said...

What a great idea.....
I need to make a few of these too.
I think I will use some old oven mitts I have that have worn out.
I like your Snowman mat...I am inspired....
Sherry, who loves to create