Saturday, February 25, 2012

Microwave Rice with Lavendar and Mint Heating Pads

My Orange House blocks for February


I was about to toss this FAVORITE pair of socks out because the elastic is shot, but then I had a brilliant idea---make them into microwave rice packs.  I made them this morning and I'm thrilled with them (and no, it DOESN'T take much to thrill me LOL).


I was beginning to wonder if I would get my house blocks made before February became a dim memory.  :)  The picture is awful---the lighting in our house leaves a lot to be desired, and it's almost 8:30 p.m.  Irregardless, the houses for February ARE Orange and they are DONE DONE DONE yippee :} and there are two of them.   :D

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Tabor said...

Good for you. Talented and good at recycling.

Michele Bilyeu said...

I LOVE microwavable heat packs. I've only made plain rice ones AND somebody in my household..there are only two of us now, plus the chickens and cats...threw them away! Threw them away!!!!!! Mine were made of cutup flannel nightgowns. Stopped wearing flannel nightgowns a while ago. Yep, will serve someone right if I recycle sweat socks ;) Wish I had some lavendar and mint...now that sounds extra nice!

Finn said...

Hey GF, my weekend was DEFINITELY made better by your brillance! Thanks you sooo much for that 'heart' hug!
DD#1 was here today and took me shopping and helped with some household chores. Lucky her, she got to bask in the afterglow of my happy state of mind. Hope your is all 'a glow' on this special day and last for a long time *VBS*
I love your sock idea!! Pure brillance on your part! The house blocks look wonderful, I love the orange! Is that for part of a "build along?" If so I must have missed your announcement.
Sending lots of stitching energy your way, big hugs, Finnie XXX

Terry said...

Your house blocks look great! March will be yellow houses! I can't wait to make mine! :0)

Donna said...

Hi Angie,
Your microwave rice packs are adorable. I can see you've been busy sewing. Today was one of those beautiful days here in NC, warm sunshine, 82 degrees, and I spent the whole day outside in the garden. Just the therapy I needed.
Thank you for your kind thoughts on my last post. You are a dear friend.

Hugs to the wienies, and you too,
Donna