Thursday, March 01, 2012

The Ides of March...Already??


How can it already be March 1?  In like a Lion/Out like a Lamb...It's amazing that the Lilacs are already leafing out, the Daffodils are in bloom, the Tree Swallows came home this morning and were checking out the condo rentals for the Spring.  I feel like I'm caught up in a time warp of some sort.  One of my Rosemarys is full of blossoms (and has been all Winter!).  The Spirea is blooming/leafing.  The ground is so soaked that water stands in pools.  The weather is so strange, the winds are blowing in weird currents, storms are brewing, portents and harbingers----of change(?)  Will we have snow in May?

10 comments:

KaHolly said...

Kind of scary, isn't it?

Suz said...

no way....no fair!

our daffodillies are just peeking up through the earth.....not even a robin
not fair

Sheila said...

Lucky you to have daffodils In bloom they would have a hard time getting through the snow here but I have seen robins so that is a good sign.

Terry said...

Bite your tongue lady! We don't want snow in May! It is cold with lots of snow here now and another storm coming in. March certainly coming in like a lion! Like your cardinal photo.

Finn said...

Absolutely NO sign of any of that "springy" stuff up my way...we are now under a new layer of snow(or 2!) I'm surviving on the green of house plants and the winter birds! The robins will return, but we've got a ways to go.
Love the cardinal and pics of the beautiful flowers! Big hugs, Finnie

Q said...

Dear Angie,
Climate change here too. Spring has come early to my gardens. I too could have daffs for St. Pat's Day.
Bees are awake! I hope to plant my spring kitchen garden this week.....
I am so happy the tornadoes kept their distance....and you are safe and sound!
Sherry, who dances in the wind

serendipity said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's weird weather here in England too. Last week lovely. This week freezing. Love all your nature photos xx

Tabor said...

Climate change means that nothing is predictable except violent changes in the weather. Hang in there. Looks like you ight have a lovely spring.

Connie said...

We really have had some different weather this year....every where! The robins have shown up here.

Eileen said...

you have daffodil's already, OMG. The birds are getting loud around here but no flowers yet. Spring is about to burst forward.Love spring but I am not a fan of the HOT summer days anymore:(.