Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Belated Happy Beltane

Our resident Red-Tailed Hawk

Either a Cliff Swallow or a Rough-sided Swallow

Is this not the most precious thing---he delights me with his songs



We've had company and I missed posting yesterday on May Day. (Thanks for your help Sherry ;)--(our guest headed back to Texas today) The mornings have been delightful; by mid-day the temperatures are already in to the 80s.  It is only the beginning of May, right?  Doth high temps so early in the Spring portend even hotter, more humid Summer days in the offing?  :/

I nestled some petunias and marigolds in one of the flower beds yesterday morning.  I ventured out this morning intending to extend a flower bed so I could give a few more 'tunias and marigolds a spot for the Summer.  I made progress, not as much as I wanted, but hey, I have to take LOTS of little breaks along the way :), especially with it heating up so quickly.  Add the humidity and I have to retreat into the house.  :/

Bed changing, bathroom cleaning, and laundry are screaming for attention.  Happy Beltane!

9 comments:

Mary said...

Love the turtles on the rock and the singing sparrow! It's wonderful to hear them sing.

Sheila said...

Lovely photos , I enjoy watching the birds too and the little song birds are so delightful.

Suz said...

turtles...love them
I had two toads in my garden this morning....after the rain
sigh
Bird watching is such a delight

Janet O. said...

Love these scenes, Angie!

colleen said...

Birds and flowers have been the subject of my posts lately too!

Q said...

You are welcome! Now it is time to relax and put your feet up!
15 minutes of planting and 45 minutes of feet up...works wonders...
Always good to gaze at one's work with a cold glass of water and a few happy bird songs.
I love your turtles!
Sherry, who dance with butterflies

oldcrow61 said...

Lovely photos. You're red tailed hawk is a beauty. Love the picture of the little bird with its head thrown back singing.

oldcrow61 said...

Lovely photos. You're red tailed hawk is a beauty. Love the picture of the little bird with its head thrown back singing.

Donna said...

Beautiful photos, Angie. Love the hawk flying high in the sky. The weather is warm here too, lots of rain lately, but good for the garden.

Enjoy your day,
Hugs,
Donna