Friday, July 13, 2012

My Blog---My 'Things to Remember'

Practicing the Presence:
Be present as the watcher of your mind -- of your thoughts and emotions as well as your reactions in various situations. Be at least as interested in your reactions as in the situation or person that causes you to react. Notice also how often your attention is in the past or future. Don't judge or analyze what you observe. Watch the thought, feel the emotion, observe the reaction. Don't make a personal problem out of them. You will then feel something more powerful than any of those things that you observe: the still, observing presence itself behind the content of your mind, the silent watcher.
Reincarnation doesn't help you if in your next incarnation you still don't know who you are.
~ Eckhart Tolle

Stillness Speaks

I'm a slooooow learner when it comes to 'observing WITHOUT reacting' :D; and I DO NOT want to 'reincarnate'---this time around will do it for me, thank you very much.  

6 comments:

Terry said...

I love that! I've read Eckhart Tolle...he changed my life.

Cottage Tails said...

Very wise!
Love it
Love Leanne

Carol said...

Wonderful...needed that today...thank you.

Sheila said...

Eckhart is amazing , read some of his work and followed along with the Oprah webcast which was amazing , thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That's cool!!!

Check this out:
My blog

Q said...

Ahhh...the joy of wanting to come back because it is so fun....silent witness is great for all those troubling times...if I could come back as a Tiger Swallowtail in her black dress I think I would...I would like to come to my gardens....
maybe even a fly about inside? or maybe I could be a female Northern Cardinal....who lives in my garden? Lots of seeds and water
and such nice humans...
Sherry, who is glad you are here now...