Monday, July 30, 2012

Tidbits of my Life

Memento from trip to New Orleans, LA 7-20-23-2012


Stylin' sandals---and, yes, I wore them like this :D

This little unusual chair is a recent thriftin' treasure

Recent thrift treasure---real! wicker (or rattan)--in awesome condition---needs repainting


My two precious heart beats at my feet


The nights have been soooo beautiful, and we will soon have a full moon


“Sooner or later when we surrender to what we cannot control, we have to hold still & let the (inner) demons we have been running from catch us. There is no greater terror. But there can be no greater liberation than to face those demons held in the arms of your own compassionate nature and that which is larger than yourself.” Oriah Mountain Dreamer from The Dance

10 comments:

Tabor said...

How do you get your dog to do tricks like that? ;-)

Terry said...

nice cup and great resale finds!

Suz said...

nice stuff
and hoe's the rashes going with your poochie?
Mine are gone...I have learned to stay away from P Ivy
and yes, the moon has been beautiful
and it is the month of a blue moon!

Finn said...

Great pictures, as always! Love each and everyone of them, for different reasons *VBS* So glad you have some away time to savor on those cold winter days *VBS*
Pups are lookin' good, and I love your sandals, LOL. Poi-fect! Sending big hugs, Finnie XXX

Q said...

Dear Angie,
I love your New Orleans mug...
goes perfect with your sandals!
Tiger Swallowtail in the butterfly bush is lovely...your wicker set is a super find...and
such a charming folding chair...you are am amazing shopper...
glad to see the pups....
Facing the demons and finding out they have gifts....I enjoy Oriah Mountain Dreamer..spot on!
Happy August,
Make a wish on the Blue Moon.
Sherry

Melanie said...

New Orleans is a great city-- love the photos... I could steal that wicker from you--- lucky girl...what color are you painting???

oldcrow61 said...

Your wicker treasures have made me quite jealous, lol. What a find! I love your two precious heartbeats. And the sandals are just my style. Lovely flutter as well.

Tabor said...

I always look forward to your posts, Angie, and thank you for your lovely comments.

Donna said...

Hi Angie,
Lovely wicker furniture you found, wow! All of your photos are wonderful, as usual. Love the dog one!

Carrie P. said...

Hi Angie,
I have been looking through your blog posts and have enjoyed the nature photos and all the other things that you have taken photos of. Your quilt on Oct 3 post is very pretty.
thanks so much for coming by blog during the "leaf" hop.
I love sourdough bread. good luck in my giveaway.