Wednesday, August 22, 2012

M.I.A.




We have spent days being entertained by the Cormorants.  They are fascinating to watch.  Man, they can hold their breath under water for a REALLY long time.  I've been hoping for a Loon sighting---well, I know I'm not located exactly right for a Loon, but a girl can hope---and look---and find Cormorants :D







I know I know, I've been Missing In Action --- AGAIN--- what can I say, what do I WANT to say.  Well, nothing actually, I've just been living each day, trying to grab on to those sparkling minutes that fly away like the down of the Milkweed, Dandelion, and Thistles.  The days are drawing a bit shorter now, the cooler mornings and evenings delight me, sending me into reveries that I want to linger in.

I had my adopted sisters, Joanie and Debbie, and their two canine furbabies, Butchie and Ellie, for a weekend visit.  Oh, it was soooo much fun---we played in the kitchen together making dinner, we took a stroll in the DARK (and it was REALLY REALLY dark) at 10 p.m., we stayed up waaaaay late watching 'The Unexplained' (?), chewed gum at Midnight :0, ate ice cream at 1:00 a.m., waded deep into discussions of life and death and all that lies in between, played outside with the pups, and I cried as the rear of their van left my sight on Sunday evening.  It was a wonderful slumber party---ended much too quickly...

I've been taking the pups for a walk down to the water the last few days.  So good for them AND me.  Fall is my most favoritest :) time of the year, and I am trying to squeeeeeze all of the deliciousness that I can get from this one day, one day at a time.  The temperatures are heading back up into the upper 80s for the next few days, so the pups and I will get our walk and nature 'fix' early in the mornings again for a while. 

I've also been doing a bit of hand-applique.  It has been sooooo long since I've done any hand sewing, and I've been plagued the the urge for months now, so I'm just puttering with first one little piece and then another.  Luscious.  Fabric deliciousness.  :)  I am being drawn into my nesting mode with the days growing a bit shorter and cooler.  :p 

4 comments:

Cottage Tails said...

LOVE the photos!!!
Seems funny to read how both countires seasons are changing but in oppposite ways.
Your walks down to the river sound wonderful!
Love Leanne

Terry said...

Glad you had such a fun visit with your sisters. Photos are great.

Q said...

Dear Angie,
If I was to be a butterfly I would want to be just like your first photograph...the female Tiger Swallowtail in her black dress...oh my she is elegant!
Such a joy to have sis/friends to share the experience of now! As they find their way home you can remember the dance the three of you created....amazing!
You sound as if you are enjoying your own council as you respond to the song your soul is singing. The end of summer is always a good time to gather our wool
for winter creating. So happy you are back with your handicrafts.
Much love,
Sherry, who dances with drought stricken
butterflies

oldcrow61 said...

Wonderful pictures. I love the dogs, makes me want one myself. I don't think the cats would go for it though. Fall is setting in here as well. Days are getting shorter and one can see signs of leaves changing on the trees.