Thursday, December 06, 2012

Seesters Christmas Cookie Making Slumber Party


We had the most wonderful Second Annual Sisters Cookie Making Slumber Party at Sister Flan and J.B.'s 'Beach House'.  Our BIL Jay B. (our 6th Sister) fed us oh so well with phenomenal Chili Beans and Corn Muffins, biscuits and gravy, scrumptious egg salad (made especially for Moi---a long-standing tradition and love of mine) Taco Salad, our 'first food of the day fresh fruit platter'...

It was a beautiful time of making new memories, and remembering days gone by with our 6th sister, Barbara, and our Mom (both of whom have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge).  Our SIL, Vickie, came for a short visit with us on Monday evening, and our brother, Denson, came Tuesday morning for a cup of coffee with us.

We even managed to work in six, yes SIX, haircuts and, we each actually had the flour and cookie dough flying all over the room, and came home with a ton of a variety of cookies. 

We left the fun and merry-making time with a group hug (above) and promises of a January 2013 Sisters gathering.   

8 comments:

Karen said...

Oh what a wonderful gathering. And such a good idea for family time together.

Sheila said...

What a special idea to spend time making cookies together I am sure it was a wonderful time ,you all look very happy !!

GardenofDaisies said...

I love this! I have three sisters (there are 4 of us siblings), so I understand how wonderful it is to get together and make merry. We live quite far from each other though, so it doesn't happen often enough.

Suz said...

oh I am so jealous
....but I am thrilled for you

Carol said...

What FUN! Yes you all must get together in January!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have 3 sisters, I wish we were all closer, we only get together once in awhile and I must say I am only quite close to one of them and she lives far from me - you are lucky!

Q said...

You look so happy!
I love cookies.....
Sherry

Kim said...

Don't know how I missed this post. Such fun. Wish I were you enjoying such a good time with sisters, no that would be Seesters!