Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sewing When I Should Have Been Cleaning






I started cutting scraps and working on a scrappy log cabin.  I keep admiring (lusting after) Jeanne's (SpiralJeanne) log cabins, and since it didn't look like I would get one any other way LOL, I decided it was time to start piecing one.  Kinda leader/ender on some days, other days lets just cut some strips and sew a block.  :)

The Downey(?) has finally found the peanuts and comes every day.  I smile every time I glance out the window and see this little beauty.  The Carolina Wren found them too but I haven't been able to get a picture of him yet.

I am doing Cheri Payne's (quiltsbycheri) sew along.  These are tiny little pieces. starting with 1-1/4" squares.  Tiny.  But fun.  I'm actually keeping pace with her.  LOVE it.  :)  My alternate squares are actually a very dark forest green---sure looks blue in the photo.

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

One day I will actually work on that scrappy log cabin quilt that I started in a class years ago that is now languishing on a shelf in a closet somewhere. I love the look of a scrappy log cabin, like yours, so why don't I make one?!?
I'm doing Cheri's QAL, too. Finished up my double 4-patches last night. Can't wait for the next step. (I think I've had that same dark forest green fabric--maybe still have some in the scrap boxes. : )

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

OK, I'm jealous of your hummingbirds in summer, and now I'm jealous of your winter birds. I have two feeders out and they ignore them. Love your log cabins...I don't have enough scrap lights. I'd have to buy a ton of fat quarters!!

Carol said...

Cleaning can wait...you're having FUN!
ENJOY!

Terry said...

Good luck with that small stuff, I'm not good with small.

Q said...

Sewing is delicious....
Birds and quilting are perfect winter activities. Cleaning is best done in the Spring.....who ever heard of winter cleaning?????
Love your log cabins...and you,
Sherry, who misses the butterflies

Jeanne said...

Haha, got ya hooked on the log cabins! :)
Your birds are wonderful.
Jeanne

Sandra B said...

Your log cabin is looking great - it's such a timeless pattern. Those little patches sure are tiny! I love working with tiny pieces every now and then.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've been just the opposite - cleaning when I should have been sewing! blessings, marlene

JudyCinNC said...

Congratulations on your scissor win from Shell at The Raspberry Rabbits. These are wonderful. Judy C

Karen said...

Your post title describes me to a tee. I would rather sew any day than clean.