Thursday, March 14, 2013

Various and sundry

I've made a start on Plaid Churn Dash blocks

Such a sleepy baby

I can seeee you




He's such a funny pup---he's sound asleep LOL

I have fourteen of these little baskets now
I have been sewing a tiny little bit the last week or so--- I made one of the Churn Dash blocks last night and the other three today.  The little baskets I just pick up and stitch when I HAVE to get a quick sewing fix.  This crud that Randy and I have both had just lingers; we're past the sick sick but we both are just draggy and not quite up to snuff.  :)  This time change doesn't help us feel like jumping out of bed at o'dark thirty and doing jumpin' jacks either.  :/

Today has been a gorgeous sunshiney day but cold and windy.  It is sooooo wonderful to see the sun; we feel like we have been living in outer Siberia this Winter.  

Bayley's leg is giving him trouble again.  Poor little fella just limps around.  Not a thing we can do about it to totally fix it.  He has an appointment for tomorrow evening to get an Adequan shot.  That will give him some relief for a while.  He has arthritis in his little leg where he had surgery when he was only 6 months old.  It's something that he will have to cope with from now on.  He'll be four next month.  So hard to believe he and Marlee have been with us almost four years.  They are precious.

This lasagna was SCRUMPTIOUS---I'm making it again tonight for dinner.

Easy Skillet Lasagna
Terri McClure of Hilliard, Ohio, shared this recipe with us. She writes, "My husband often requests this recipe, and sometimes, he even helps prepare it! Tastes great with ground turkey too."

SkilletLaz051-1/2 T. olive oil
1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
16-oz. jar spaghetti sauce (I used Bertolli's Olive Oil
              and Garlic)
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
6 lasagna noodles, cooked and cut in half
12-oz. container small-curd cottage cheese
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté green pepper, onion and garlic until tender; drain. Transfer to a bowl; stir in spaghetti sauce and browned beef. In skillet, layer 1/3 of sauce mixture, half the lasagna noodles, half the cottage cheese, 2 slices of mozzarella and half the Parmesan. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce, making sure to cover all noodles. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes before uncovering and serving. Serves 4.


6 comments:

Terry said...

well you have been busy! Poor puppy, so young to have to suffer with arthritis. Recipe sounds eally good, I'll have to try it. Thanks

Janet O. said...

Two of my favorite things--plaids and churn dash blocks!!
The lasagna looks yummy! For that matter--so do the little baskets. : )

jill klase said...

You are certainly on the road to recovery....quilting is always a good sign;-) Churn dash is one of many quilt patterns I would like to make some day...some day is right.

blessings, jill

Melanie said...

I love everything in this post!!! Awesome quilting... Love those pups. My mom has always had a doxy....

Carol said...

Love the Churn Dashes and those pups are cute as cute can be...sleepy sweetie...oh those little baskets...LOVE! I'm giving that lasagna a try...thank you!

Nancy said...

I love your plaid churn dash blocks. I have a quilt top of plaid churn dashes that I made a dozen years ago and it's still waiting to be quilted. It's on my to do list.

I also like your little baskets quite a lot. They are very fun. Do have a quilt in mind for them?